Atmosphere 2015: Airheads Breakout Sessions
11-20-2014 08:46 AM - edited 03-30-2015 12:59 PM
Here are the Breakouts for Vegas 2015
- RF characteristics and radio fundamentals - Neighboring Wi-Fi networks, RF noise sources, and indoor and outdoor coverage patterns can all impact mobile device performance on WLANs. This session gives you better understanding of radio coverage patterns for different types of antennas and reviews related essentials in the 802.11 standard.
- Aruba WLANs 101 and design fundamentals - Although Aruba makes it easy to choose the best WLAN architecture to fit your IT and business needs, it's vital to sort through some critical pre-deployment issues before you get started. Join us to review the latest product and architectural options from Aruba as well as validated WLAN design best practices. This session includes in-depth coverage of Aruba Instant and Aruba Mobility Controllers.
- Wi-Fi Security Fundamentals - Security is always a top-of-mind issue for WLAN deployments no matter what business you're in, but it’s an area that is loaded with acronyms, confusing terminology, and some degree of black-art mystique. This session will start with basic principles of cryptography, and work up from there to give you a complete understanding of how Wi-Fi authentication and encryption work to keep your networks safe. You’ll learn about 802.1X authentication, tradeoffs of different EAP methods, why correct client configuration is so important, and why Aruba insists that role-based access control is critical in a modern mobile network.
- Fast-track your career by going from wireless to mobility engineer - Many of us began our careers in network routing and switching. Times were good, the market was expanding and there was plenty of work. Then one day we found wireless networking and everything changed. Come to this session and learn about the new technologies and strategies you’ll need to stay current as a Mobility Engineer. This session will take you beyond BYOD and explain how to embrace MDM, wireless location services, and AAA policy control.
- Wi-Fi Certifications are Hard – Let CWNP Guide the Way - CWNP can jumpstart your career with industry-leading, vendor-neutral certification programs for Wi-Fi professionals. Your company and career depend on your elevator pitch, and a Wi-Fi certification is the best way to prove your expertise in 30 seconds or less. Wi-Fi is no longer optional, and it is definitely NOT plug and play. This session details the different paths to certification and gives a sneak peek at the future of CWNP.
- Packets never lie: An in-depth overview of 802.11 frames - This session covers different 802.11 frame types as well as MSDU, MPDU, PSDU, PPDU and other terminology. We will explain and showcase some of the common problems you can solve with a packet analyzer. Join us to improve your game as you overcome the toughest network connectivity issues.
- Integrating Accurate Capacity Planning into WLAN Design - A successful WLAN deployment addresses all of the needs placed on the network, including both RF coverage and capacity requirements. Network architects have been equipped with mature RF coverage assessment and verification tools for over a decade with professional RF predictive modeling and site survey software packages. However, tools for accurately designing a network to meet capacity requirements have been scarce. In this session I will review the key concepts of WLAN capacity planning and methodology, and show you how to use the Revolution Wi-Fi Capacity Planner to successfully design WLANs to meet capacity demand.
- TEN Talks at Airheads - This is the highly anticipated session where your fellow mobility engineering professionals have an opportunity to share best practices and the lessons they've learned from real-world enterprise mobility deployments. Each presenter gets 10-15 minutes (including a brief Q&A) to discuss the topics they are most passionate about.
- Mobile engagement with Aruba Beacons and the Meridian Mobile App Platform – Live Demos - Aruba Beacons, powered by Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology, are here! Learn how to deploy hundreds of Aruba Beacons and manage them centrally or via a mobile app. We'll also discuss how your business partners can take advantage of the Aruba Meridian platform to kickstart their mobile engagement efforts and personalize their Wi-Fi experience using their own custom-branded mobile app and indoor location services.
- Access Management with Aruba ClearPass – Live Demos - Learn more about Aruba ClearPass with hands-on demos. You'll have a better understanding all the configuration, monitoring and reporting options available. You'll also soak-up practical, working knowledge about integrating ClearPass with your multivendor wireless and wired access network as well as the SSO, MDM, WAN firewall, and other security infrastructures you have in place.
- Network management with Aruba AirWave – Live Demos - Practice makes perfect so be sure to explore everything that's new in Aruba AirWave. You'll gain a thorough understanding of all the configuration, monitoring and reporting features as well as working knowledge about new AirWave features like clustering, simplified licensing, application-level visibility, network health monitoring, mobile unified communication diagnostics, and a lot more.
- TEN Talks at Airheads -This is where some of the most experienced Airheads mobility engineers have an opportunity to share advanced technical best practices and explain what they're learned from their experience deploying mobile enterprise networks. Each presenter gets 10-15 minutes (including a brief Q&A) to discuss the topics they are most passionate about.
- Location Analytics – Key Considerations and Use Cases - Location analytics is becoming increasingly critical for businesses. Insights gained from location analytics is transforming the way enterprises interact with customers while improving operational efficiencies. Join this session to learn how Aruba's Analytics and Location Engine together with various partner analytics and data mining solutions address a broad spectrum of use cases relevant to Retail, Hospitality, Transportation, Sports and Entertainment and public facing enterprises.
- 802.11ac Wave 2 technology deep dive and deployment recommendations - 802.11ac Wave 2 is right around the corner. Now's the time to prepare yourself and impress your colleagues with knowledge about multi-user MIMO, Wave 2's most sought-after capability. Our experts will share their planning recommendations so you'll know the perfect time to migrate to this new technology. We'll also give you an updated about the latest on mobile device support for the protocol.
- Unified access with Aruba Mobility Access Switches – Live Demo -Join our experts for a hands-on demo and configuration walk-through of Aruba Mobility Access Switches. You'll gather practical, working knowledge about using the latest software features such as zero-touch configuration with AirWave, device groups, dynamic DNS, uplink monitoring, and much more.
- Extend mobility to remote branch networks with Aruba's new cloud services controllers and Aruba Instant - Your mobile workforce needs simple, anytime-access to corporate resources to get the job done – whether they’re in branch offices, home offices or on the road. Learn the differences between controller-managed or controllerless architectures, where they are best deployed, and figure out which one is right for you. And since you can't be everywhere all the time, we'll also cover zero-touch deployment for wireless and wired across thousands of locations.
- Getting the most out of the Aruba Policy Enforcement Firewall - At this day and age, it is probably a great idea to get your WLAN ready for voice and video. And perhaps it is a good idea to classify and prioritize web applications based on your policy. Protecting your mobile devices and network infrastructure against outside or inside attacks needs to be part of the plan too. Join to us to learn about these and more functions of Aruba's policy enforcement firewall integrated to its access points, switches and controllers.
- Deploying mobile unified communications and collaboration (UCC) with Microsoft Lync on Aruba Wi-Fi - Instant chat, video conferencing, voice calling, file transfer, desktop sharing and web conferencing are all part of Microsoft Lync, which can significantly reduce UCC costs. But the wireless network in place should understand all these different traffic flows, report on call quality, support high-definition data transfer for video and more. Hear about best practices for app-level configuration and learn how to get your Aruba WLAN ready for Microsoft Lync.
- ClearPass design scenarios that solve the toughest security policy requirements - Aruba experts and your colleagues will share what they've learned from their real-world experience deploying ClearPass. Join us to learn how ClearPass can be your best friend as you try to solve challenging security and policy management issues.
- Roaming behavior and Client Troubleshooting - Not all mobile devices are created equal and not all agree on best ways to roam when connected to Wi-Fi networks. In addition to simple speeds and feeds, rate vs. range characteristics of mobile devices influence the experience of users. Join us to learn more about troubleshooting a wide range of device connectivity issues and Aruba Wi-Fi configuration options like ClientMatch, which can vastly improve device roaming behavior.
- The Aruba Tech Support Top 10: WLAN design, configuration and troubleshooting tips - This session gives you the latest best practices about deploying and managing an Aruba access network. Key members of Aruba’s technical support engineering team will talk about ArubaOS software releases, remote access point firmware-upgrade caveats, diagnostics to rectify connectivity and performance issues, and other best practices you can set in motion within the Aruba infrastructure.
- High-density 802.11ac Wi-Fi design and deployment for large public venues - 802.11ac introduces new considerations for the design & deployment of convention centers, stadia, arenas, and other large public venues. Can wider channels be used safely? Should architects plan on the new 256QAM data rates? Have DFS channels finally become available, and at what cost? How much goodput should one expect from several hundred 802.11ac devices in a single cell? Join us for a best practice discussion on 802.11ac very high density networks, including lessons learned from recent large scale deployments including Levi’s Stadium.
- A-to-Z design guide for the all-wireless workplace - Aruba customers have saved millions by going all-wireless so don't miss out. Our customers and members of our professional services team will walk you through the best practices that will help you cut the cord and go all-wireless. We'll cover end-user training, network rightsizing analysis, guidance on phased migration, monitoring and reporting, and a lot more.
- Deep dive: Radio technologies for indoor location - This informative session covers indoor wireless location techniques, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, signal strength, time-of-flight, and angle-of-arrival, and includes a detailed discussion about the accuracy and usability of each technology. Put this one at the top of your Airheads bucket list if you've got a technical wireless aptitude.
- Atmosphere 2015 WLAN design, deployment with performance statistics and lessons learned - This is the perfect session to gain practical in-depth technical knowledge about our event WLAN deployment. We'll discuss some of the critical issues we've learned over the years, share Wi-Fi statistics and usage reports from Atmosphere 2015.
- Tech field-day roundtable- live @ Airheads - This is the perfect session to gain practical in-depth technical knowledge about our event WLAN deployment. We'll discuss some of the critical issues we've learned over the years, share Wi-Fi statistics and usage reports from Atmosphere 2015.