Airheads Volunteer Corps - Support Request

Highlighted
New Contributor

AP-315 and AP-305 what budget price controller for them?

I accidentally bought these access points really nice price but noticed that **bleep** they were not iap models and need controller.

So question, what is budget price controller for those AP's?  Good options are welcome.

I have one IAP-103 ap virtual controller, can i use it controller for AP-315 example?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

Re: AP-315 and AP-305 what budget price controller for them?

An instant virtual controller is a different concept then a campus controller, therefore an instant controller cannot be uses as controller for campus access points.

Campus AP need a physical (MC) or virtual controller (VMC) and there are licences required per AP.

• Smallest controller is the 7005 (older model) or the 9004 branch gateway (new model). I would recommend the 9004 but maybe you can find some older 7005 controller second hand.
  • At least your need the amount of AP licences as the minimum licence (count per AP). And PEF licence per AP is recommended when you like to use the firewall features.
  • If you buy a controller second hand, be sure you got the licences with it. Because the controller is registered by the owner, only the owner can buy/add licences. Ask the first owner to move ownership, or else you can run in issues later when you like to add some licences.

Hope this helps you!

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

An instant virtual controller is a different concept then a campus controller, therefore an instant controller cannot be uses as controller for campus access points.

Campus AP need a physical (MC) or virtual controller (VMC) and there are licences required per AP.

• Smallest controller is the 7005 (older model) or the 9004 branch gateway (new model). I would recommend the 9004 but maybe you can find some older 7005 controller second hand.
  • At least your need the amount of AP licences as the minimum licence (count per AP). And PEF licence per AP is recommended when you like to use the firewall features.
  • If you buy a controller second hand, be sure you got the licences with it. Because the controller is registered by the owner, only the owner can buy/add licences. Ask the first owner to move ownership, or else you can run in issues later when you like to add some licences.

Hope this helps you!

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Perfect answer. Really good notice about license and ownership of controller.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: