Aruba Apps

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave and a 3600 controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave and a 3600 controller

Posted Oct 09, 2015 08:09 AM

Hello there,

I integrated an Airwave server with a 3600 controller yesterday. Everything works just fine except for on little thing that I can't explain.

I fetch the controller template in read only mode and the mismatch goes away. After 2-3 minutes, the mismatch goes on again in Airwave. I audit the controller fromAirwave and this is what I am getting:

Guest User Settings
            Current Device Configuration         Desired Configuration
        Guest user 'invite' status     Present     Destroy

I just deleted the template and add it again with a brand new one: same result. I went in the controller in the guest user gui, trying to find the 'invite' and it is not there.

I have been looking to CLI commands to try to destroy 'invite' and I did not find anything.

I don't feel confortable putting the controller in read/write mode. The problem is not critical but it would be nice if someone can give me some infos about this. I don't know where to look anymore.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Airwave and a 3600 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2015 08:18 AM

You should have the controller in read-only mode, and ignore/hide the mismatch flag/columns.  Configuring the controller from Airwave is an advanced topic that requires practice, and can cause problems, not limited to wiping your controller accidentally.  When you put the controller in read-only mode, you can ignore mismatches.

You can take a look at the Airwave controller configuration guide here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=14107 if you want to take a look at how to configure your controller using Airwave.

• 3.  RE: Airwave and a 3600 controller

Posted Oct 09, 2015 08:29 AM
    Thank you sir,

We don't want to put the controller in read/write mode. We want to collect stats and analyse the network, use VisualRF and use Airwave to help troubleshoot and alarming.
    I have been doing a lot of integration like this: usually, once you learn the template, it stays stable (no mismatch) until you change something in the controller.
    In that case, it looks like the controller is trying to do sometinhg on its own and we just can't find out what it is ! the 'invite' can't be found in the config...
    That's why I asked the question. Tell me what you think ?

Thank you again

• 4.  RE: Airwave and a 3600 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2015 08:35 AM
    If you have the controller in read only mode, Airwave cannot change the configuration on the controller. You could go under AMP setup and change "Audit Configuration" to "Never" so that it does not compare the current config on your devices to anything.