Aruba Apps

last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Utilities android app errors

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 23, 2014 01:52 AM
      |   view attached

I have an Aruba RAP109 and the android app and I keep getting parse errors when I run cmd like CPU usage,etc..<br><br>

• 2.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:19 AM

I suspect Aruba Utilities is intended for use with our Controller platforms and not Instant.  I am basing that on the fact that it is trying to run commands that apply to controllers but don't exist in the IAP CLI.  For example "no paging" does not exist in IAP but does on a controller.

I will see if I can verify if testing has been done for Utilities and Instant and will report back...........................................

• 3.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 23, 2014 06:54 AM

Yeah that does sound wierd.... Thanks for looking into it ;-)

• 4.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 23, 2014 10:05 AM

I got the word from the developer.  Utilities was indeed developed with the Controllers in mind and no thought or testing was done for Instant.   That being said, if you ignore the parsing errors, the utility should work fine with IAP. 

He will look at adding IAP; however, if it appears I suspect it would be some time...........

• 5.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:27 PM

I'll chime in to say that I've been using the app in both controller and iAP settings, and find it quite useful in both.

(excepting having to ignre the parsing errors)

• 6.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 03:34 PM

For anyone looking for this, please see this link to the app directly:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arubanetworks.arubautilities&hl=en

It is an awesome app!!!

• 7.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 23, 2014 03:41 PM

I like it as well! :)

• 8.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2014 12:21 PM

It's good to hear people are using the app and finding it useful.  The Google Play Store says there are over 9,000 net downloads to date.

I know the developer quite well ;-) , and he's very easy to reach and eager to please: email to ctodeveloper.arubanetworks@gmail.com or post here and he will pick up on it.   If you have any suggestions or bug reports, please send them in:  it doesn't take long to code up most of these ideas and turn around a special build:  in fact, that's one of the most rewarding things about app development, it can be very fast and responsive.

And I'm always looking for Beta testers:  get a Google+ id and join the community here  https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100638199649434481720

This is what the Handover tab looks like in the latest Beta version with OUI interpretation:

2014-06-21-GalaxyS4_HandoverTab_OUIs3.png

As for Instant, it's something that I've overlooked so far:  I'll check into what's needed to make it work properly, but I think for now if you ignore the errors the Controller tab should be functional:  once it is logged in, it just executes what you write in the text box.

Best,

Peter T

• 9.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 24, 2014 01:09 PM

Oh Cool! I'd love to beta test but the link 404ed :(

I think it would be awesome to have better ISP and RAP support with the app!

• 10.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 12:11 PM

I'm so sorry, there was a space on the end of the URL.  Edited (above and here) and fixed now.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100638199649434481720

The Google Play Store Beta program is a little more complicated than I would like, but it allows automatic updates which is very nice.  The steps are:

1. Get a Google+ account

2. Make sure your device is set up with the account you use for Google+, so Google Play Store recognizes the device is associated with your account and your account is enrolled in the Beta program.

3. On the device, go to this URL: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.arubanetworks.arubautilities

4. Click on the 'become a tester' button on this page.

5. Now you should be in the program.  If you haven't already, download and install Aruba Utilities and you should get the Beta version.

• 11.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted May 29, 2018 12:31 AM
    I've followed the instructions and it work for my case, thank you very much!

• 12.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 23, 2014 10:35 AM
    Thought so.. Thanks for clearing the air (pun intended) on this!!

Thanks also for passing the suggestion to the devs!!

• 13.  RE: Aruba Utilities android app errors

Posted Jun 25, 2014 01:31 PM
    I submitted the join request.

Thank you.

I will let you know if I have any issues.