Aruba Apps

last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

Posted Sep 18, 2013 01:46 PM

Curious if the VIA login page and the logout pages are able to be customized? I know the welcome page is customizable via the Configuration -> Advanced Services -> VPN Services -> Via tab. If they are, how do you go about changing/updating them?

• 2.  RE: Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 07:23 AM

Do you mean on the client themselves?  Once you have the client installed on your device, you never see those pages again...

• 3.  RE: Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

Posted Sep 19, 2013 10:52 AM
      |   view attached

No. These are the pages hosted by the controller so that a client can login and download the VIA application. An example is attached.

• 4.  RE: Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 10:54 AM
    Do you happen to have ClearPass? I am unsure if these controller pages are editable

• 5.  RE: Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

Posted Sep 19, 2013 10:57 AM

Yes we have ClearPass.

• 6.  RE: Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 11:00 AM
    You can create a custom page and also host the via app on ClearPass. In addition, you may also choose to deploy onguard agent as it now includes the via agent in a unified app.

• 7.  RE: Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

Posted Sep 19, 2013 11:08 AM

Ok. That makes sense, but to just verify. We are already using ClearPass for VIA auth. So in Guest we would create a new page and then on the controller under the VIA Connection section, would we put the http://<ClearPass server>/<new page name> in the VIA external download URL field?

• 8.  RE: Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 11:09 AM
    Correct?or just hand out the CPPM URL directly to the users...

• 9.  RE: Aruba VIA Login and Logout Pages

Posted Sep 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Ok, that makes sense for internal users in handing out the url. I know I could push the app to our users as well. But, would the VIA external download URL field on our public facing controller pointing to our ClearPass server provide external users access in needing the client?