Aruba Apps

last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Feb 17, 2016 06:30 PM

We recently had a request to get a chromecast setup for teacher use on one of our campuses.

The campus is running 40 IAPs on firmware 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.2_53307 and they are being managed by Airwave 8.0.11

When going into the Instant Config in airwave>>>Services>>Airgroup Service: I have selected DLNA Media and Chromecast and applied the changes.

Checking the IAP master with 'show airgroup status" shows that they are enabled. When trying to connect the chromecast, it fails joining the SSID.

After some digging I saw people were calling to enable "DIAL" and "googlecast"

I can only access these services if I remove the IAPs from airwave management and get on the Instant web-interface directly. They ARE NOT an option when looking at the instant config through airwave.

I was able to get my chromecast working by unmanaging the IAPS, setting the googlecast and DIAL services then rejoining to airwave management. However, now airwave is reporting that the configs are mismatched because airwave doesn't have those options to be set...

Is  this intended, or a bug?

#6.4

• 2.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 06:11 AM

It is probably a bug.  You can add the Google Cast  service manually through the IGC.

GoogleCast Service ID is:

_googlecast._tcp

gcast.png

See if that is all that is needed for Chromecast.

DIAL is

urn:dial-multiscreen-org:service:dial:1
    urn:dial-multiscreen-org:device:dial:1

...but somehow the IGC is not letting me add it.  Let me check up on this and get back to you.

• 3.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Feb 18, 2016 11:05 AM

I am also unable to add the DIAL service IDs.

• 4.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Feb 18, 2016 12:05 PM

Although the airwave instant config screen allowed me to add the googlecast service and ID, it will not apply the change to the IAPs. It fails to apply. (see image)

Capture.PNG

• 5.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Feb 22, 2016 04:49 AM

I have the same issue. Chromecast V2 does not work on the Instant network. We manage the network by Airwave - and even add manually the Service does not work - because it can not sync the settings by Airwave through a mismatch with the Instant VC on site.

Any update?

• 6.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Feb 25, 2016 11:10 AM

Christiaan,

I had to unmange from Airwave, then from the Instant GUI on the IAP itself, I enabled googlecast and DIAL.

I then created a new airwave group for MONITOR ONLY and added the IAPs to that group. This will allow you to monitor the IAPs through airwave with the new settings. There's definitely a bug in the current airwave version that isn't syncing those settings properly. 

• 7.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Jun 20, 2016 09:58 PM

Did anybody end up resolving this? 

I've just hit the same bug with Airwave 8.2 and Instant 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666

• 8.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Jun 20, 2016 10:00 PM

The only way I got the Chromecast working was with the method I posted above. There is still a problem with airwave managing the settings though. (At least on the current firmware builds. I have not tried beta.)

• 9.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Jun 20, 2016 10:02 PM

ok thanks. will get a support ticket open. 

• 10.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Jun 21, 2016 03:03 AM

Okay thanks. Hope it will be solved soon.

• 11.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Aug 01, 2016 04:58 PM

scottdooreycsa

Were you able to get anywhere with a support ticket on this issue? 

• 12.  RE: Chromecast on IAP 6.4.3.4 managed by Airwave

Posted Aug 02, 2016 05:20 AM
    Okay thanks, so now officially Aruba will investigate this isdue?