Aruba Apps

last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Provisionning page not working as Expected on IE11 FIrefox and Chrome

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Guest Provisionning page not working as Expected on IE11 FIrefox and Chrome

Posted Nov 22, 2017 05:31 AM

Hi All,

we have a Mobility controller 650 in version 6.2.1.2

I've created Guest-provisionning user so that to manage Guest account independently.

However, once connected on IE 11 (Update 47) the Guest-provisionning can't click on any button ( New, Import etc.) and the login connects at this moment is strangely the  Admin login and it is impossible to logout.

additional information:

after testing,the GPP works fine from a Server with IE 11 ( Update 46), but we can't change the version of the Browser on user desktop cause the desktops are managed by a Master.

we would like to find a solution wih the cuurent configuration.

Attached: the Page ok and the page KO.

Do somebody already face this issue on its GPP on those browser ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Guest Provisionning page not working as Expected on IE11 FIrefox and Chrome
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2017 06:12 AM

6.2.1.2 was released in 2013 and that is a very, very long time ago.  Web browsers and standards have changed quite a bit since then and that has probably broken the GPP page in 6.2.1.2.  Your best chance to see if this is fixed is by upgrading to the latest version of Code for your 650 and see if it works.  GPP is also not really used much, so you could also be running into an issue that was never fixed, even in the latest version of code.  Your first step should be to upgrade the controller code, first and see if it fixes it.

• 3.  RE: Guest Provisionning page not working as Expected on IE11 FIrefox and Chrome

Posted Nov 22, 2017 06:25 AM

Thank you Colin for your quick reply.

Indeed,this verison is pretty old.

Well, no choice :), I will plan an Upgrade soon and let you know.

it seems it is the 6.4.4.X which complies with our model ( actually we would like to upgrade to 6.4.4.16 so that to fix the KRACK vulnerability too). your advice ?

anyway, i'll keep you posted.

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Guest Provisionning page not working as Expected on IE11 FIrefox and Chrome

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2017 06:28 AM

What you suggested is worth a try.

• 5.  RE: Guest Provisionning page not working as Expected on IE11 FIrefox and Chrome

Posted Feb 13, 2018 05:24 AM

Hi,

sorry for my late reply, but finally i wasn't able to upgrade my Controller because there was not slave controller available and support contract anymore.
    i think i will wait for the next implementation with new contraller and better condition.

Thank you for your help.

• 6.  RE: Guest Provisionning page not working as Expected on IE11 FIrefox and Chrome

Posted May 29, 2018 12:26 AM
    I don't know why I get the same issue but try to delete an re-install, event follow some of above instructions but still can't even work on my end. What the missing point I get here ? Sorry for this snoob question.