Aruba Apps

last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I share an app created in meridian editor?

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  How do I share an app created in meridian editor?

Posted Oct 24, 2016 11:55 AM

When clicking the share arrow on the top right of the Meridian Editor interface I can email or text a URL to the appviewer link to my app but users are still required to have login credentials. I would like to demo my app but would rather not create a "guest" login because it would give users viewing my demo access to Medidian Editor as well. Is there a way to share my app without needing a login? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: How do I share an app created in meridian editor?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2016 02:35 AM

You should not need to login to Appviewer with the special link. Make sure that you follow the correct two-step approach:

If you receive the mail or text message, there are two different links in there. The first link is to getappviewer.com to get the Appviewer App.

Once you installed Appviewer, exit the App, return to the mail/text message and click the second link.

That second link will open Appviewer with the right information and does not require to login. Remember, each time you want to re-open your Appviewer, use the link from the mail or text. If you open the App directly, it will indeed ask you to login; from the link it immediately opens your Meridian App.

• 3.  RE: How do I share an app created in meridian editor?

Posted Oct 25, 2016 03:56 PM

Thanks for confirming that. We were having an issue with a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 6.0 not logging in automatically. It eventually did, but when the AppViewer is put in the background to do anything else on the phone it is logged out when opened again. Clicking on the link again will log back in. I didn't think that was normal behavior because it doesn't happen in IOS. It seems that it is normal to get logged out on the Android. 

• 4.  RE: How do I share an app created in meridian editor?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 02:57 AM

I don't share that experience on Android. If you exit the Appviewer, and later open it through the list of open applications (it is the button with a square symbol on my Android), you don't need to login.

If you setup your phone to aggressively kill apps in the background, or open it again via the Appviewer App in your launcher/screen, you are requested to login again. I prevented myself from doing that by removing the Appviewer App from my start screens; so the easiest way is to open it via the mail/text link or the running app overview.

In the case your phone is running low on resources while running your other apps, it might kill Appviewer to free up some memory. However is has been a while that I have seen that happen on my few year old Nexus 5. That seems to have enough memory to never kill apps in the background with my usage pattern.

Do you still see the same if you open a new app and return to Appviewer via the running apps/multitask/square symbol button app overview?

• 5.  RE: How do I share an app created in meridian editor?

Posted Feb 04, 2020 05:21 AM

Hi!

The 'Aruba AppViewer' APP has been renamed 05-2020 to the 'Aruba Meridian' App and the old AppViewer is not available anymore.

I think now it's not possible anymore to use the new 'Aruba Meridian' App without a login - can anyone comfirm this?

With kind regards

Manfred M.

• 6.  RE: How do I share an app created in meridian editor?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2020 05:29 AM

That is correct. This is what was sent out to customers as an announcement:

"Starting in January 2020, the Meridian team will begin to enforce authentication for the Meridian APIs. This means that any use of the API will require a valid authentication token or user login. This will only affect customers using the APIs directly and won't affect Meridian-powered apps.

This change will also affect how the Meridian app preview works. A user will only be able to preview a location in the Aruba Meridian app if that user has a Meridian Editor account for that location or its organization."

• 7.  RE: How do I share an app created in meridian editor?

Posted Feb 04, 2020 07:45 AM

Hi!

Thank you for this quick clarification.

Until now we used this possibility in our own Lab Map to show our potential Meridian customers the navigation and the push notifications on their own device in presentations.

Would be nice to have a read-only guest account without editor privileges bound to the own map for presentations.

With kind regards

Manfred M.