Aruba Apps

last person joined: 3 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP as DHCP Server

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  IAP as DHCP Server

Posted Feb 20, 2020 04:23 PM

Hi, guys.

I need to set up a new guest SSID for a customer and they want the IAP (515 with AOS 8.6, instant mode - no controller) to be the DHCP server. So far, so good. The problem is that they also want the default gateway to be the VLAN interface they have set up in their core switch. From what I read at Instant User's Guide, the IAP will always be the default gateway if I set it to serve the DHCP. When I tested it, I had the impression that, if I specify the VLAN Interface's IP as the default gateway in "Local DHCP Scope", the IP address would be duplicated. Is that right? Is it impossible to set the IAP to serve DHCP and point an Interface VLAN at the switch as the default gateway? Should I not use DHCP Local Scope? Thank you all for your help!

• 2.  RE: IAP as DHCP Server

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:30 AM

You would put both. The VLAN IP will be needed for captive portal redirect, and you can also use it as the default gateway for that VLAN.

• 3.  RE: IAP as DHCP Server

Posted Jan 11, 2021 07:32 AM
    You can use Distribution L2 DHCP Scope. If you use this feature you can specify DHCP scope for wireless client and assign user to wired VLAN and configure Default Gateway which is already in LAN, ex. core switch or firewall.

Regards
    Piotr Filip

• 4.  RE: IAP as DHCP Server

Posted Mar 04, 2022 12:25 AM
    Local - In this mode, the Virtual Controller acts as both the DHCP Server and the default gateway. The configured subnet and the corresponding DHCP scope are independent of subnets configured in other IAP clusters. The Virtual Controller assigns an IP address from a local subnet and forwards traffic to both corporate and non-corporate destinations. The network address is translated appropriately and the packet is forwarded through the IPSec tunnel or through the uplink.

ePayitonline Login

------------------------------
    Layne Gibson
    ------------------------------