Aruba Apps

last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

Posted Feb 27, 2015 12:12 PM

Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address), at any given time, I'm currently associated with?

Ed

• 2.  RE: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2015 12:42 PM

Screenshot_2015-02-27-11-39-23.png

• 3.  RE: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

Posted Feb 27, 2015 01:58 PM

That seems to be the broadcast MAC address.

Is their a way to see the Management IP address of the AP or the Management MAC address of the AP?

Thank you and regards

• 4.  RE: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2015 02:00 PM

That information is not sent over the Air.  What are you trying to accomplish?

• 5.  RE: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

Posted Feb 27, 2015 02:06 PM

We are trying to add our existing AP's into the site map/drawing integrated with Airwave.  We did not properly identify each AP as we installed them into our buildings over the last few years and are trying to use this tool to help us identify the exact AP we are connected to and validate the physical locations of each AP. We desire to drag the correct AP's into their correct locations into the map, hopefully to help us produce a very accurate heat map.

• 6.  RE: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2015 02:07 PM

Allright.  If the names of the access points are in Airwave, go to the Airwave Tab the settings tab and find the "Enable Airwave access" button.  Enable it and fill in your credentials and ip address of Airwave.i It should be able to pull the names of the access points from there..

• 7.  RE: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2015 02:19 PM

Okay.  I just spoke to the developer and he said, you can put in credentials for either Airwave or the Controller under settings and it will resolve the names.

• 8.  RE: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

Posted Sep 03, 2019 04:22 PM

I have configured the app with the controller IP Address, username/password and enable password as well as airwave credentials, however under device the AP name still shows blank.

Anything I'm missing?

ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba7210-US), Version 6.5.4.6

• 9.  RE: Using the Aruba Utilities app, how can I tell which AP (MAC address) I'm currently associated with?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2019 04:58 PM

There is a mac address in the list that is underlined.  That is what you are associated to.

EDIT:  In the Hamburger Menu, go down to Log, to see if there are any issues logging into the controller or Airwave.  It must be the controller that the access point is on, because it retrieves the wireless mac from "show ap bss-table"

Closing post because it is old.