Aruba Apps

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

What version firmware does controller push to iAP vs AP vs RAP?

Hi All

Was just wondering - how can I see what version of firmware my controller has pushed to my APs, or at least what version the AP is running without having to connect a console cable?

Also would the contrtoller push different versions for say an iAP vs a RAP or a CAP, or would it use the same firmware version for all of them?

Reason is I had a RAP which I upgraded to 6.3.1.8 there after I Converted to a RAP for my controller running 6.4.2.2 (Early release code) - after wards I reset the RAP to Factory defaults and saw it was running 6.3.1.1  --   Just find it weird that the controller would downgrade the image software so far back.....

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Aruba

Re: What version firmware does controller push to iAP vs AP vs RAP?

show ap image version ap-name <NameofAP>

The controller pushes the same code to CAPs and RAPs; but it does not push anything to IAPs; they run Instant OS independent of the controller.

CAPs/RAPs have two partitions.   When you run the above command you'll see two Flash images columns.   Production and Provisioning/Backup.   The Provisioning/Backup partition is what will be on the AP if you factory reset it.  

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
AMFX | ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Aruba

show ap image version ap-name <NameofAP>

The controller pushes the same code to CAPs and RAPs; but it does not push anything to IAPs; they run Instant OS independent of the controller.

CAPs/RAPs have two partitions.   When you run the above command you'll see two Flash images columns.   Production and Provisioning/Backup.   The Provisioning/Backup partition is what will be on the AP if you factory reset it.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Great - THX

That explains it perfectly -- Would there be a way to upgrade the Backup partition?

Highlighted
Aruba

The apflash command was used to do this on older RAPs, but that command has since been deprecated.  I don't think there is any way to do it currently.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: