Aruba Apps

last person joined: 2 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

airwave unable to scan the provisioned APs

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  airwave unable to scan the provisioned APs

Posted Nov 08, 2016 02:36 AM

Hi,

Can someone help me, Im a new to aruba and Im trying to scan the already provisioned APs.

Please see below screenshots for my settings

1.png

here is the IP of my airwave.

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

and on the airwave here are my settings

1. scan network

scan network.png

2. Scan network Credentialsscan network credential.png

3. scan network setup

scanning network setup.png

detected only the aruba controller but other APs are not detected and one more issue when adding this controller to the group i created nothing happens or unable to add to group.

detect.png

• 2.  RE: airwave unable to scan the provisioned APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2016 04:03 AM

When you added the controller and clicked on it, the access points should end up in "new devices".  By default, they are not added automatically.

• 3.  RE: airwave unable to scan the provisioned APs

Posted Nov 08, 2016 09:46 PM

I only detect the controller but when I tried to put it in the group I created nothing happened. Unable to detect also the APs, not entering the new devices.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: airwave unable to scan the provisioned APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2016 05:21 AM

A group in Airwave is only for configuration and rarely is edited unless you are actually going to manage the configuration of the controller from airwave.  When you have a controller in monitor mode in Airwave, you should be able to see how many access points the controller has.  Try clicking on "Poll Now" on the controller page and see if it pulls the statistics for the controller.

At minimum, you would just need to add the controller using its SNMP v2 string and that should be enough to pull the access points into "new".  You should go all the way to the bottom of the list of New devices and click on "View Ignored Devices" to make sure you did not ignore them by accident..