Occasional Contributor II

AP and RAP Licensing

I have a prospect that requires RAP´s over 125´s. Does he needs to buy the AP licenses plus RAP´s Licenses or just the RAP licenses on M3?. Thanks in advance
Guru Elite

RAP Licenses

Only RAP licenses are required for access points that are in Remote AP mode (ipsec). AP, or Campus licenses are required for APs that contact the controller using GRE. When you say RAPs over 125s, do you mean APs that use AP 125s to tunnel traffic?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Employee

Re: AP and RAP Licensing

You just need to add the RAP liccense, so you dont need to add the AP lic. So in general terms you buy one or the other not the two for the same device.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: