ArubaOS and Controllers

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Best Practices to go from 3.x to 6.x ?

Hello Airheads!

I am upgrading a medium enterprise site (90 APs) from a 6000 running 3.x to a 3600 running 6.02. This site will be a new master for 2 similar size remote sites with 3600s.

I have a simple config on the current 6000 and I don't know if it would be easier to:

1. Install ver. 3.4 on the new 3600 and try to port the configuration over from the 6000 - then upgrade to 5.x then 6.x - this would maintain the IP address and IPSec key

2. Use the Gui to recreate the existing config?

Assume that I am using WPA2 and some AD with just 2 or 3 AP groups with no complicated schemes? Which would be better?
Does someone know of a tool that could clean up a 3.4 config so it can be imported into 6.x?
Guru Elite

Re: Best Practices to go from 3.x to 6.x ?

The release notes for 6.x contains an upgrade section that will determine where you need to go to next. The specific version of 3.x could also change your decision-making, so look at that chart correctly. At minimum, you will have to go to some variant of 5.x before going to 6.x.

There is nothing to clean up a config automatically, but there are a few mechanisms which keeps you from deleting profiles that are in use. You can certainly do a "backup flash" before you make any majore changes, so you can do a "restore flash" if things do not work out right. You should only "blow it away" if you can easily recreate what you did, but, if you do a backup flash, it will always be there for you to return to.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: