Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Can't ping APs

It´s not as complicated:

the access points are in Network a: 172.16.100.0/24 for example. A Network management Device is located in Network B: 192.168.100.0/24 - is it possible for the Network management station to ping the Accesspoints directly, or do they only respond to pings from their network segment?

The access points are regular network endpoints and they should respond to pings, just like any other network endpoint provided you are not blocking them with some device.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

We have thesame issue and I would like to know what the problem is. We have campus AP, and if I understand it correctly, there is no role for a campus AP? If there is none, there won't be any policy within the controller or the AP itself that could be blocking the ping correct? We can ping the APs only from the controller admin network. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

If you have CPSEC on, there are some circumstances where you would not be able to ping the AP.  If you do not, there is no reason why you should not be able to.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

We will try it without the CPSEC turned on. But why would the CPSEC won't allow the APs to be pinged except from the management IP? Also, is there a way to find out what default gateway the APs are using when consoled into the AP and the AP is not in apboot prompt?