ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Custom Portal Page w/ Accept button

Colin,

I did some small modifications (Added the lawyers novel) to the page you had attached. Problem is when I click on ACCEPT it just comes back to the same portal page. Do you know how I can redirect the user to a website after they click ACCEPT?
Guru Elite

Redirect

Hi Mark,

Are you actually authenticating users after they click accept, or do you just want them to be redirected to a page. If you want them to be redirected to a page, the captive portal profile has a "Welcome Page" parameter that says where they will be directed. I'm attaching an EVEN More simplified version of the page that passes a user's email address as "guest@company.com" and should give control to the controller after. Just change the txt to html.

You can paste the Lawyer's 10-pager into that and try it out, or just try it out in the simple form that I give it to you, then put the lawyer's stuff in there when you know it works.

Let me know how that works.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted

Colin,

I would like the users to click on the accept button and be redirected to a website like www.google.ca. Our security team has no requirements of the user logging in. Do you know how I can get the accept button to redirect to google?

Thanks for all your help
Mark
Guru Elite

redirect page

Mark,

One of the captive portal profile options is the Welcome page parameter. That is where you would put your URL that you want the guest to be redirected to.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Aruba Employee

Hi Mark - Sorry it took so long to reply, no, we're not using a scroll bar in the portal page itself. The user must click on the link to the policy to bring it up and read it.

Colin,

You are correct in the Welcome page parameter. The part I was missing was the "Guest Login" check box. From what I understand this allows users into the guest role once they select the accept button.

Thanks for all your help everyone!
Frequent Contributor I

User Acceptance page not displaying

I am having an issue with user acceptance page not displaying on client devices after connecting to guest network, I do not require the guest to login, there is just 2 option, accept or deny buttons. The guests are getting full dhcp information, and it is happening across multiple hardware platforms, i.e iPads, iPhones, pc based machines with I.E or Mozilla. approximately 50% of the users on this guest network are experiencing this problem. I can see them on the controller client list but they are shown under authentication method as blank, when they should show up as captive portal, meaning they accepted the spalsh screen.

Was told by Aruba TAC, that it was probably caused by the default certificate the 6000 controller was injecting into the page, and was suggested we use signed certs, which we have changed too, but unfortunately with no change in end results.

Is there a way to force the controller to use just http (80) instead of https (443) for a accept page? The version we are running on the controller for software is as follows:ArubaOS 5.0.3.3 (Digitally Signed - Production Build)

Thanks for any and all suggestions in advance.....:o
Guru Elite

In the Captive Portal authentication profile, you can change the behavior to only http:

configuration> security> authentication> l3 authentication> Captive Portal Authentication profile.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: