ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Re: Failed to convert RAP-3WN to RAP

i changed the VPN pool to another network while you were replying!!!! and the RAP appears in the controller now!

Thank you for your support!!!!!

i will ask you again in the nexte spep, try to configure the RAP across the internet.

Thak you very much!

Contributor I

Thank you!

you are right the VPN pool now is configured in another range and the RAP works.

Next step is configure RAP pointing to the public ip address, i think is the only thing tha i have to change, isnt't it?

port 4500 and 500 udp are open, and the router with public ip address has NAT configure pointing to the controller. need i something else more?

thanks!!!!

Guru Elite

@juancarlos.perez@acuntia.es wrote:

Thank you!

you are right the VPN pool now is configured in another range and the RAP works.

Next step is configure RAP pointing to the public ip address, i think is the only thing tha i have to change, isnt't it?

port 4500 and 500 udp are open, and the router with public ip address has NAT configure pointing to the controller. need i something else more?

thanks!!!!

You only need port UDP 4500 open and a 1:1 nat from your public address to the private address of the controller.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

one more question.

I guess i'll have to connect the RAP to a DSL or Cable Modem in RAP Eth0, and the modem should have DHCP activated, previously i will configure the RAP with the public IP address of the controller so when our custumer connect the RAP to his internet connection he shouldn't do anathing more.

If i provisioning now the RAP from the controller i guess i will loss conectivity because the RAP is conected in a VLAN not over internet yet, but i think is the only option that i have to make it easy for our customer.

will it work if i do in this way? port 4500 UDP should be opened in the DSL or Cable router?

Thank you very much for your support!!!

Guru Elite

@juancarlos.perez@acuntia.es wrote:

one more question.

I guess i'll have to connect the RAP to a DSL or Cable Modem in RAP Eth0, and the modem should have DHCP activated, previously i will configure the RAP with the public IP address of the controller so when our custumer connect the RAP to his internet connection he shouldn't do anathing more.

If i provisioning now the RAP from the controller i guess i will loss conectivity because the RAP is conected in a VLAN not over internet yet, but i think is the only option that i have to make it easy for our customer.

will it work if i do in this way? port 4500 UDP should be opened in the DSL or Cable router?

Thank you very much for your support!!!

Yes, you will lose connectivity.  Provision the access point to the public ip address, and when it is rebooting, pack up the RAP and give it to the customer.

By default the customer's DSL or cable router should pass UDP 4500.  You should not have to do anything.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

ok, thank you very much.

Contributor I

Hi!

Regarding to RAP behaviour, what happens if i have the RAP in my house, the RAP establish ipsec-VPN conection with the controller and starts to radiate the SSID that we had configure in the AP-GROUP, but instead using Wifi adapter on my laptop i connect to eth1 with fastethernet cable, what will happen in this case? i will be able to access to the same SSIDs? or only to internet? the RAP works as a bridge in this case between the laptop and the DSL router?

Regards!

Guru Elite

The Wifi and ethernet can be configured as tunnel, split-tunnel or bridged (the forwarding mode) .  By default all the traffic is tunneled back to the controller.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

thank you for reply!

if i have 3 SSID's and each SSID is in different vlan in the controller with different roles etc, when i connect from my house to the RAP with fastethernet cable, by defautl the RAP will forward all the traffic to the controller?

if i connect using wifi adapter i can select the SSID but if i do with fastethernet i don't how the RAP or controller can identify in wich SSID or VLAN i will be.

Regards!

Guru Elite

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: