Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Load Balancing

Well, er, they are both in 3.3.2.16. AP Load Balancing in the RF Optimization Profile (my local probe response is off in my SSID profiles) and there is the option for Spectrum Load Balancing in my 802.11a and g radio profiles.

So based on that, you recommend I turn off AP Load balancing in my RF Optimization Profile and turn back on the local probes and let SLB do its thing?

*Update* Just checked the 3.3.2.18 release notes. SLB was put in at 3.3.2.12.

I am running 3.3.2.19 and both the AP and Spectrum load balancing is available. I did not notice a response regarding having both turned on or or just SLB? What would be the optimal configuration?
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Going from ARM in 3.1 to Spectrum LB in 3.4

"So based on that, you recommend I turn off AP Load balancing in my RF Optimization Profile and turn back on the local probes and let SLB do its thing?"

That is what Tech-Support recommended us this last summer. I had the "old" LB with local probe response off last school year and it worked really good. I recently changed to local probe response on, enable SLB, and disable LB. All students are coming back next week, so I'll post back and let you know if SLB is working ok. Have not enabled Band Steering yet since we are still running 3.3.2.16. Will probably upgrade to 3.3.2.19 (because of that last vulnerability report) and to 3.4 over the Christmas break. I heard 3.4 is still a bit buggy...

Marcelo
Marcelo Lew
Wireless Network Architect-Engineer
University of Denver
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: