ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

HOW can I reset AP61 's config without console port

HI, NOW I have some old AP61 . And the AP's IP address and" AC-Address" is manual set up , but nobody remember it .

There is no console port in the AP61.
How can I reset the AP61 's config?

Thank you .
Guru Elite

Re: HOW can I reset AP61 's config without console port

What kind of controller do you have? If you have an 800, or a 2400 you can use the procedure here to get into the AP: http://kb.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/arubanetworks.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=425

You have to plug the AP directly into the 800 port.

You can then stop the AP at the apboot> prompt, then type "purge" and then "save"

This will only work on the 2400 or 800

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor II

Thx~
New Contributor

Hi, I'm having the same problem as Luojichen whith an old AP61, but I have the 3200 Controller. How can I reset the AP61 config? since the solution from cjoseph is only valid for 800 & 2400 controllers.

Thanks to all, specialy for cjoseph
Guru Elite

Correct. You cannot reset the AP61 with the 3000 series like you could with the 800 or 2400 series. You would need a Y-cable (part # CA-SPOE-ADAPT-3)

Since the 3000 series controllers use a gigabit ethernet connection, the pins that would be used for serial over ethernet are not available on gigabit, so it will not work.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: