ArubaOS and Controllers

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: Mac 10.7.2 Update = No Connectivity

Got all the servers listed in the OSCP thread, still no response from Safari.
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Do a "show datapath session table " to see what it is requesting.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Contributor II

That's the thing, it isn't requesting anything. I open up Safari and it doesn't even try to redirect. No data in the console from that IP, nothing. Safari will just sit there blank with whatever URL I typed into the address bar for hours. No redirect, no traffic on that IP on the controller, zilch.

Firefox/Chrome on that same machine work properly. This seems to be repeatable on all our updated Mac 10.7.2 boxes.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Please open a TAC case so it can be looked at.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Aruba Employee
Aruba Employee

You aren't able to add a network range in the netdestination alias under the firewall section? That is the way I would do this, making one rule with the destination being the alias, then as you update the alias the firewall rule is automatically updated. If that's not working please let me know and we may have you open a support case.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

I have a similar issue. Users with the latest Lion updates (10.7.2) do not get redirected to the captive portal login screen, using either Safari or Firefox. A MAC using 10.6.7 works just fine. the Show Datapath session table for the working one shows redirects to ports 8080 and 8081 to the controller IP Address on VLAN 1 (guest VLAN is different, but controller is configured to Enable Inter-VLAN Routing). The same command for the 10.7.2 client does not show any redirects. Problem is strictly to 10.7.2. Open up case with Aruba Support as well. Wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions.
Highlighted
Aruba Employee
Aruba Employee

There are number of suggestions in the thread on how to handle FF and the Mac certificate checks, have you tried those yet? If so, what were the results?

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Reviewed the OSCP post thread and the thing that stood out was the Access List. I essential have a permit any any for 8080 and 8081 so don't require listed out the specific server IP Address. Also using the internal Aruba certificate as well.
Highlighted
Aruba Employee
Aruba Employee

You really need to change the certificate, that's a demo cert that is intended to get you up and running for demo's and proof of concept networks. Everyone with an Aruba controller has a copy. Please get a cert from a CA that the clients trust.

Your short term option should be to disable OSCP checking on all your devices, with any luck that will get things going for you.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

OSCP checking is turned off on the mac client in question and that only fixed it temporarily. I've also had it OSCP "best effort" selected on a MAC running previous code and it works fine. We are looking into a cert from a CA as well (although this appears to be clearly a Safari/MAC OS update issue, so don't think certs will rectify the problem). Per Aruba tech support I've emailed them the log files plus the tech support file for their review.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: