ArubaOS and Controllers

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Microsoft TAC case Land

You have just entered the Microsoft TAC case land...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Machine Machine Account Password Change

Has anyone tried to deal with the primary issue of this thread by manipulating the variable here?:

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

PEAP clients occasionally unable to logon...

Colin, et. al. I have been using this (Domain Member: Maximum machine account password age) at one client in NJ since Jan 8th, and it seems to be functioning as one would expect. Since the PW age for the machine is not older than the timer there is not an issue with login and the user authentication finalizes the process. It has been well over a month and this issue has NOT resurfaced, at least as of last week. We set the value at 999 so this issue will not be there for 2.7 years. Hopefully the clients will be re-imaged and will not ever reach that age.

Has anyone tried using Windows Server 2008 with NSP server, is this issue fixed in that product line. I have seen a post here that there is an issue, but is it the same issue?

Harold
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Re: PEAP clients occasionally unable to logon...

Ya, myself and another guy look all over in the event viewer. But like I said, nothing is been log in system log, audit log, security log.

Also here is another "Discard" Network Policy logs. But this time is "network access server was malformed"

Thanks!

SL

You might try turning on logging for the netlogon service. It stores the log file in C:\Windows\debug\netlogon.log.

I'm having some similar issues but ours is machine authentication specific. It's a communication issue between radius and AD.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Greetings all, newbie to the forums here. I am just starting out with Aruba and would relly like to know if this is still an issue with server 2008 Enterprise for DCs and AIS RADIUS. I am still in the implamentation phase and do not have machine auth. enabled on the controller but would like to do so.
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

server 2008 update

Doesn't looked like this is "fixed" per say, but it looks like server 2008 does give you the option to have domain machines never reset their computer account passwords. See the attached snapshot.
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Jim, where in 2008 do you see that option? Under GPO settings right?
Highlighted

Just read the thread and we had an issue with a customer that appeared to be exactly the same as this one. We modified the GP setting above which fixed the issue. We changed the machine password setting to 60 days (over 100 days ago) and the problem did not reoccur.

Cheers
James
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------@whereisjrw--------------------------
---------------------------------blog-------------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216 | AMFX #11

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: