ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor II

Port becomes untrusted

Hi,

today I did two things on two different controllers, which has made them set their port to be "untrusted"

On one, I turned off spanning-tree on the port
On the other, I added a VLAN to the PoE trunk.

Is this normal that the port should change to untrusted by doing this ?

What can I do to stop this from happening ?
Guru Elite

Re: Port becomes untrusted

That should not happen. When you create a port channel, it is untrusted, but changing spanning tree or adding a VLAN to a trunk should not do that. Are you sure that it is not only the VLAN that is untrusted on that interface?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor II

hi,

At the moment, I am assuming the ports have become un-trusted as I get redicted to https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/auth/cp_disabled.html.

I saw this last week when the controllers were being built and we had one of the port-channels set to untrusted.

Since they were buil correctly all ports in use are set to trusted.

I hope to have someone get into the console later today to get me access to them

Can you advise on the correct commands to change the ports back to trusted ?

Thanks

Lee
Guru Elite

Yes, by default when you create a port-channel it is automatically set to untrusted. You have to then change them via the console to trusted:

config t
interface port-channel x
trusted

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor II

Ok, I understand, but I wasn't creating a new port-channel, I was modifying the vlans that were allowed on the port-channel.

On the other controller, I just disabled Spanning-tree as it was setting my Cisco switch port to err-disable as we run BPDUguard on there.
Guru Elite

What version of code is this?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor II

Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

Just to confirm, I now have one of the controllers back up. It had indeed set it's port-channel interface to untrusted.

Was it done through the GUI or the CLI? I just tried via the CLI but couldn't get it to do that. I didn't try in the GUI though.
Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

I was using the GUI.

Regards,

Lee
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for