ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor II

Rap config defalut ap-role

Hello

i have an issue with the rap, i config and ap role named remote-ap, create ike shared secret, internal user and passw for rap and tihs user i used the remote-ap profile but i dont know why the rap is in the ap-role,

how can i troubleshoot this?
Guru Elite

Re: Rap config defalut ap-role

You do not have to touch that role. What kind of access points are these?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

its a RAP-5WN:o

I've seen issues where the FTP ACL has been removed from the ap-role which causes RAPs or any AP that attempts connect and upgrade its image to fail.

Essentially you'll see the AP or RAP in the user-table and it'll be stuck in the ap-role.

You can check if this is the case by running the following command:

#show ip access-list ap-acl

If the following line is missing, add it.
user controller svc-ftp permit

Cheers
James
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------@whereisjrw--------------------------
---------------------------------blog-------------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216 | AMFX #11

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Guru Elite

If you have a RAP5WN, your only procedure should be:

- Establish Public Connectivity to the Controller, either by giving it an interface with a public ip address or doing a 1:1 nat on a firewall
- Create an IPSEC pool for incoming RAP connections under Configuration> Advanced Services> VPN Services> Address pools (my favorite is 8.8.8.1 to 8.8.8.20).
- Add the RAP5WNs mac address to the RAP whitelist (Configuration > Wireless> AP Installation > RAP Whitelist Tab. You only need to put the mac address, AP-name and AP Group in this table.
- Zero Touch Provision the RAP5 using the instructions here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2128 (3g Modem Optional).

You are not required to do any more than that for RAP5 or RAP2 functionality.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: