ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Re: Unable to upload the ceritificate getting error

I uploaded the certificate using GUI

Did you generate the CSR used for this certificate from the controller GUI? YES I used the GUI to generate the CSR..

Then, in what format did you download this output certificate data/chain parts? I recieved a single file which is a zip file that has these 3 certificates

It looks to me like it might be corrupt? 

Obviously I don't have the private keys for it, so I can't be 100% sure for the main cert, but I can't even get the intermediates and/or root lower down to decrypt correctly. This suggests the data is corrupt, or it's in a strange format.

Contributor I

I uploaded the certificate using GUI

Did you generate the CSR used for this certificate from the controller GUI? YES I used the GUI to generate the CSR..

Then, in what format did you download this output certificate data/chain parts? I recieved a single file which is a zip file that has these 3 certificates

It looks to me like it might be corrupt? 

Obviously I don't have the private keys for it, so I can't be 100% sure for the main cert, but I can't even get the intermediates and/or root lower down to decrypt correctly. This suggests the data is corrupt, or it's in a strange format.

How to proceed from here. am i stuck?

Valued Contributor I

These raw files you've posted are fine. The text you pasted must have had an error somewhere.

I've combined all three into an attachment here called "test1.crt" (zipped).

Try uploading this as a server cert.

If it gives you an error, please tell us what it is?

Thanks.

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Contributor I

I uploaded the certificate but i have to apply this in the appropriate locations. i want to first of all get rid of this error12-9-2013 3-46-45 PM.jpg12-9-2013 3-43-12 PM.jpg

Valued Contributor I

The last thing you should need to do, is specify that certificate for use in the 802.1x profile you're using.

I.e. your Virtual AP profile will have AAA profile. In that AAA profile, there's a 802.1x profile.

When you're looking at it's properties, go to the right of the screen and use the "advanced" tab.

At the bottom of the list in here, there's an option where you can specify use of the certificate.

Contributor I

How to resolve this issue?

Valued Contributor I

If you follow the steps I just decribed, it should resolve it?

Guru Elite

@salism0b wrote:

I uploaded the certificate but i have to apply this in the appropriate locations. i want to first of all get rid of this error12-9-2013 3-46-45 PM.jpg12-9-2013 3-43-12 PM.jpg

To change the certificate for the Captive Portal, go to Configuration> Management> General and Captive Portal Certificate.  Select the Certificate that you uploaded that you want to be the Captive Portal Certificate.

cert.png

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Valued Contributor I

CJ, I think he's talking about using it for 802.1x term purposes. Not CP. That's what he said earlier in the trail anyway...

Contributor I

i tried

This is probably not the site you are looking for!
You attempted to reach 10.1.1.17, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself assecurelogin.arubanetworks.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of 10.1.1.17.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.
Proceed anyway Back to safety
Help me understand

When you connect to a secure website, the server hosting that site presents your browser with something called a "certificate" to verify its identity. This certificate contains identity information, such as the address of the website, which is verified by a third party that your computer trusts. By checking that the address in the certificate matches the address of the website, it is possible to verify that you are securely communicating with the website you intended, and not a third party (such as an attacker on your network).

In this case, the address listed in the certificate does not match the address of the website your browser tried to go to. One possible reason for this is that your communications are being intercepted by an attacker who is presenting a certificate for a different website, which would cause a mismatch. Another possible reason is that the server is set up to return the same certificate for multiple websites, including the one you are attempting to visit, even though that certificate is not valid for all of those websites. Google Chrome can say for sure that you reached securelogin.arubanetworks.com, but cannot verify that that is the same site as 10.1.1.17 which you intended to reach. If you proceed, Chrome will not check for any further name mismatches.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: