ArubaOS and Controllers

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Re: VLAN tagging on bridge mode remote AP

Since the SSID is in bridge mode, you can defninitely set the mode to be persistent. If the authentication servers are co-located with the controller, a WAN outage will mean no new clients can authenticate, but existing clients should stay on.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

i'll give that a try and post back the results,

regarding authentication, are we talking about authenticating the RAP with the controller, or authenticating users as in a guest network?
for regular clients i'm not using any authentication
Aruba Employee

I was thinking about the client authentication. I didn't read the beginning of your post!! :)

If this an open guest network with no captive portal (cant do CP on bridge mode SSID AFAIK), then you should be good to go once you get the native VLANs set both devices and the correct VLANs trunked to the AP.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

well, i am using three different wlans in my network, one for guest and two for users but with different privileges, that is why having multiple wlans was a big concerns,

and actually no, i don't want to make guest as an open network, but you're saying now that CP doesn't work, i actually tried it with captive portal, and i got an IP except it was from the range in my main site,
but can you elaborate more about the cp issue and why i can't use it in branch office,

anyway when i get to the guest network config, i'll update this post,

by the way, thnx for ur support,
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

The dot1x bridged mode SSIDs will work fine. If you want captive portal, you can't use bridge mode. The controller is responsible for CP pages, so if all of the traffic is dropped on the local LAN, the controller is not in the path.

This sounds like you may want to have a design session with your local SE and whiteboard it. He or she may be able to see some way to make this work that I am not seeing.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

yes that is true, but still let me get to it first, and then i'll post back, thx for the support again
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: