ArubaOS and Controllers

Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: Wildcard certificates for controller?

Ok. Untested for validity since this is a master, but... combined certs don't match the csr. (controller complaint) I uploaded the matching cert as "Server Cert" and the root as "Trusted CA".

When I get to doing this on the locals or fail over to the master, I'll let you know...
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Wildcard certificates for controller?

Would a multi-domain SSL certificate solve this problem as well as the windows peap-mschapv2 problem at the same time?

Just curious.
Highlighted
Contributor I

Wildcard Certs and URL

I don't know about multi-domains, but I did find an unusual item with the wildcard certs.

When we had "real" certs, the device name in the cert showed up in the client redirect URL. We had wireless.xxxx.xxx in the cert. The URL showed up as https://wireless.xxxx.xxx/blah/blah/blah. device in cert translates to url.

With the wildcard we got portal.xxxx.xxx/blah/blah. Now "portal is not part of the config, nor can it be identified as part of the cert. I'm guessing that the name is upchucked by the program code if a wildcard (*) is in the cert name so the url has a valid name.

Coincidentally for us we also have a campus "portal" at the real portal.xxxx.xxx. Not a wireless portal.

While bookmarking "portal" won't get you logged into the wireless, (we still get redirect) it is a tad confusing. We'll see what it does to the "user" brain next week when I bring the new locals on-line.