Cloud Managed Networks

Highlighted
New Contributor

2530 - managing via Central

Is there any good documentation on which steps you should complete to manage a 2530 with Central?

Without a config I can get the switch into Central without any issues but I don't see a way to add a config/template via Central.

If I configure the switch then it does not show up in Central.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Help - Public Wireless w/ Central, 2530-SW, IAP 303's

If you lose access to your switch in Central, it's probably the configuration that prevents the switch from accessing Central. Do you have a router that will connect your VLANs together? The 2530 is a L2 switch. It should have DHCP or static IP with a default route to reach Central before and after the configuration change.

It's hard to tell without insight in the actual configuration what went wrong here, but I would try to get the switch configured and managed first, verify that you have access from all the VLANs for example by putting a port in each of the used VLANs and connect your laptop to it to verify connectivity, then add the AP with SSIDs and the correct VLAN assignment. If you have a small deployment, say single AP and 10 devices, probably leaving all in the existing VLAN would work fine as well. If you do this for the first time, it may help to have someone look with you together to the configuration.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: