Cloud Managed Networks

Highlighted
Contributor I

Add Switch as Monitor Only

Hello team,

Unfortunately we were told that Central was able to do everything we needed, but we found that it was not able to. As a result, we're trying to add switches as monitored only devices since they're all configured. It doesn't appear to be working.

Anyone have advice on this?

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Add Switch as Monitor Only

Are you able to clarify exactly what is not working? Only certain Switches and firmwares versions are supported by Central.

http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.4.7/documentation/online_help/content/public_cloud/get_started/supported_switches.htm

Are these switches already configured and you are trying to import them into Central?

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
Contributor I

Yes, as I said they are already configured and we’d like to add them to Central for monitoring only. Simply being able to add them as monitor is not an option, it seems.

I have found I can add the configured switches to a Template group, but I’m concerned about overwrite.
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Highlighted
Contributor I

That doesn't really tell me any more than I know. Just to summarize, then:

• There is no monitor only mode and we should have had Airwave.
  • Switches cannot be added without losing their configuration in a production environment.
  • 8400 still not supported.

Highlighted
New Contributor

For 1 and 2:  If your expectation is just to monitor switch with Central and do the configuration outside of central, this is not available as of today. 

For 3: No support for 8400 as of today.