Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

Posted Jan 13, 2020 04:41 PM

Hi,

I have 14 APs 505 which I am trying to configure them via central. I have created a template group (with SSIDs and other configuration) but none of the APs is receiving these as the upgrade fails everytime I try to do so. 

All of the APs are on the same VLAN, they also have valid IP addresses and I have also checked on the firewall and everything is ok there. No limitation at all. 

I assume that these APs do not have the correct arubaIOS so thats why I have to upgrade them with the correct one to be able to build the cluster but it fails almost directly when I try do it. The error I am receiving is this:

Upgrade: Failed in device due to invalid url format.

I dont know how to solve this issue and I am stuck here! If someone has any advice to overcome this I would appreciate it!

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2020 04:52 PM

What version are they currently running, and what version are you trying to upgrade to?

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

Posted Jan 13, 2020 04:55 PM

Right now they are on version 8.6.0.0_71991 and I am trying to upgrade them to version 8.6.0.2_73853.

The wierd thing is that these APs none of them is master IAP, I can see that all of them are somehow VCs, but none of them has received any configuration at all from the template group.

I can ssh to which ever I want and ping to images.arubanetworks.com works, and they technically have internet connection.

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2020 05:02 PM

There's usually a small delay between when firmware is released and when it's available from Central, so it's possible that's the issue here based on the error you're getting.

Do you have access to a local IAP-505 console to see what's going on there and why they aren't forming a cluster?

• 5.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

Posted Jan 13, 2020 05:04 PM

Yes, I do have access to the console of every AP on the central! 

• 6.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 14, 2020 04:37 AM

Just reading through this, you mentioned all IAPs are master? Have the IAPs in the first instant successfully formed a cluster? Can you provide the output of the following?

show log provision
    show log upgrade
    show activate

Also, make sure you are assigning the IAPs a NTP server. communication to Central and the upgrades will fail if NTP is not assigned.

• 7.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

Posted Jan 17, 2020 04:45 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,
    I also have the problem that I cannot get my IAP-505 updated via Central.
    The APs have access to the Internet and have set up an NTP server. Enclosed the error message in Central.
    Cheers
    Daniel

• 8.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2020 04:49 AM

Hi Daniel,

I have solved my issue. You have to disconnect all of your APs but one, and try to uppgrade that one with you CLI. Use the admin/SN (serial number) of the AP to log in to that.

PM me for more information! 

• 9.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

Posted Mar 24, 2020 09:53 AM

Follow up 

Upgrade: Failed in device due to invalid url format

Upgrade: failed: No firmware image available

Upgrading the device from 8.6.0.2_73853 to 8.6.0.3_74788130.180.116.78

Upgrade: queued: Queued request to upgrade firmware

Was this solved without console to the device?

• 10.  RE: Aruba AP-505 fails to upgrade via Central

Posted Apr 09, 2020 06:15 AM

Hi, also have this issue, is there a known resolution? I only have 1 AP in this cluster