Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central 3 year license

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central 3 year license

Posted Jun 21, 2018 07:21 PM

Hello,

I am using Aruba Central to manage just one IAP305 per each of 1600 schools. Each school has a 3 year license to manage its AP via Aruba Central and it has its own Internet access.

I want to know what happens after the 3 year license ends?. Will I continue managing the APs but locally?, will the APs still work with the last configuration available when the license ended?, will the wireless clients still have access to the network?, what if I need to make changes to the WiFi network configuration?, will I be allowed to change the APs configurarion?

Thanks in advance for you support guys.

Regards

Pedro

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central 3 year license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2018 04:20 AM

While I cannot look forward 3 years in time, with today's knowledge when the Central subscription expires, the Instant clusters will return to local management. The clusters will continue to function.

You can decide to extend or renew your Central subscription, or use Airwave or just the local management, or even add a controller and make the deployment controller based. So many options.

Though in the case you use Central cloud services like Cloud Guest or Presence Analytics, those features will stop.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central 3 year license
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 22, 2018 08:57 AM
    Hi Herman,
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    One more question, I want to deploy Guest Access through the captive portal. If you say services like Cloud Guest will stop working after the 3 years license ends, that means a huge problem if I give guest access using this option. Is there a way to avoid this?, can I use a captive portal per cluster (per school) instead of the Cloud Guest service?
    Regards
    Pedro

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central 3 year license
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2018 11:03 PM

You can use the local captive portal hosted in the IAPs, but it's rather minimallistic. Not comparable with what you can get from Cloud Guest.

You can also have ClearPass Guest installed in your DC if you want an alternative that's not tied to a subscription