Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central - Disable Firmware Compliance

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central - Disable Firmware Compliance

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 09, 2019 09:18 AM

Hi All,

We have an estate of IAP325/335 managed via Aruba Central and will be looking to start managing IAP345's shortly as well. Currently the 325/335 are running firmware 6.5 and the 345's will need to run 8.3 as a minimum.

We have firmware compliance enabled for all groups (we have 2x Groups + the "default") to push out the 6.5 firmware.

Is there a way to disable firmware compliance? I'd like to upgrade the 345s with 8.3 when imported into Central but also upgrade the 325/335 as part of a manual task at a later date.

Looking through the Central settings, the only way I can see to disable firmware compliance is to assign a group (such as default) which is not managing any IAP's.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central - Disable Firmware Compliance

Posted Feb 01, 2019 11:29 AM

As of now I have seen no way to disable firmware compliance once it's set.  (I have several use cases right now I need to not have upgrades happen for, and can't undo the compliance button)

Right now I suspect there's a bug in the platform as I can't even modify the firmware compliance once it's set.  We had a compliance job for "all groups" and then subsequently added a group for testing.  The new group wasn't being managed in the same compliance pass as the previously implemented groups and I can't edit the others.

This should function that you can go in and modify the groups being impacted by a compliance effort but if you have multiple hardware types in the same group (i.e. IAP and MAS) it will throw an error and not make the pass from what I can see. 

I'll be opening another TAC case and RFE for this one as we've got to be able to adjust compliance or even remove the schedule for various reasons.  I'd recommend you do the same and/or log a Request For Enhancement with your Aruba account team for the platform.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central - Disable Firmware Compliance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2019 01:44 PM

Just a follow up on this issue.  

Two observations.  You can disable Firmware compliacnce by setting the firmware version to "None".

However, note it is possible you have created firmware compliance a group level as well.  If that's the case you'll have to have the filter set to the group level before you change the compliance settings.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central - Disable Firmware Compliance

Posted Mar 18, 2020 01:46 PM

Thanks for the reply!

This was an older issue that was indeed broken in Central 1 or 2 major updates ago. 

I have not seen any issues with compliance in the current update.