Cloud Managed Networks

New Contributor

Re: Aruba Central managing controllers

So, based on the last comment, it sounds as if Central DOES manage 7005 controllers. Correct?

No, that's not correct. WLAN controllers can't be managed by Aruba Central.

However, since the Aruba SD-WAN solution was introduced last month, Central can manage SD-WAN gateways. SD-WAN gateways use the same hardware as WLAN controllers but a different software. You can find much more information about Aruba's new SD-WAN solution in the link below:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/sd-wan/

Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Highlighted
Contributor II

So we're going to manage our 7010s and some 7008's in Central.

We haven't been told it can't by our Aruba SE, and we've been testing along those lines.

May have been a recent improvement.

There's a slight confusion here.

As part of our SD-Branch solution we're using the same hardware with a different software to act as branch gateway. This new software version has all the features of our old controllers (role-based FW, NAT, AAA, routing, tunnels, etc) except for the WLAN part.

Instead of it, we have added a lot more "WAN-specific" features such as dynamic path steering, NAT 1:1, DNS redirect, integration with cloud security solutions, improved HA (we now support active-active WAN between 2 gateways) and a long list of additional features.

So, even if it's the same HW, we don't have a cloud managed WLAN controller. What we have is a cloud managed branch gateway.

I hope this makes sense

Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: