Cloud Managed Networks

Frequent Contributor I

Aruba Virtual Controller still can manage locally If the Aruba Central doesn't Renew

If Aruba Central doesn't renew the subscription 6 months or 1 year, can the Aruba Virtual Controller still can manage locally?

Highlighted

Re: Aruba Virtual Controller still can manage locally If the Aruba Central doesn't Renew

Absolutely, once the device subscription expires or is manually removed, the managed clusters will simply revert back to locally managed and operate as usual on the last config that was pushed.

Exception of course being services on Central such as Cloud Guest. They only work with a valid device/service subscription assigned to the IAPs.

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Aruba Virtual Controller still can manage locally If the Aruba Central doesn't Renew

Does Aruba or other solution has a feature when the internet line was down and able to automatically redirect the endpoint device to the internal web server to let the Guest or end user know that internet line was temporary down?

Unfortunately, not. The internal captive portal is not really meant as a pure web-server to display informational message. While probably technically possible, not something you can do today.

If you have an Aruba Partner login, consider raising an idea on Aruba Innovation Zone: https://innovate.arubanetworks.com

Alternatively, reach out to your Aruba partner/account team to make them aware of this.

Frequent Contributor I

I'm already raising an idea on Aruba Innovation zone.

TQ

Guru Elite

The OOS our out of service feature can take an SSID offline if there is no internet.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor I

If internet resume online, does the SSID will enable and broadcast again?

If take how long to enable and broadcast the SSID when the internet connectiity was available?

What is the interval for IAP to check the internet connecitivty ?

Guru Elite

The out of service hold on time determines how long after the event that the out of service action is triggered:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Content/Instant_CLI/out-of-service-hold-on-time.htm?Highlight=out-of-service-hold-on-time 

The out of service is reversed when the event is reversed.  This was all added in Instant 8.3.0.0:

Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 05.54.22.png

Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 05.55.29.png

Please refer the Instant OS 8.3.0.0 CLI Guide for more details.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

The out of service hold on time determines how long after the event that the out of service action is triggered:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Content/Instant_CLI/out-of-service-hold-on-time.htm?Highlight=out-of-service-hold-on-time 

The out of service is reversed when the event is reversed.  This was all added in Instant 8.3.0.0:

Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 05.54.22.png

Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 05.55.29.png

Please refer the Instant OS 8.3.0.0 CLI Guide for more details.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=31908

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: