Cloud Managed Networks

Regular Contributor I

Central management

Hi All,

I have seen this question asked in a few places but none of the answers seem to give a real solution - "How do I remove devices from central" A number of places say to to unassign them etc, but I want to remove all trace of them from Central so I cannot see them listed on any page paticularly the device inventory page.

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Central management

What have you already tried and what was the result?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Regular Contributor I

I want to configure a Cloud Guest page but the option is not available, only "Internal Acknowledged" etc.

I have added the license keys I've been given but the option I would expect to see under "current app" is not available.

Guru Elite

Your initial post is talking about removing devices.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Regular Contributor I

Apologies I have two posts running, I have opened up the Device inventory and looked for a remove or delete but there is no option to remove devices listed

Guru Elite

Regular Contributor I

Hi Thats just a google search which I have already done, which is why in the original post i said - " I have seen this question asked in a few places but none of the answers seem to give a real solution".

I How do I actually, really, definitely remove them so that they are not there and not shown anywhere is what I would like to know.

Guru Elite

What have you tried that does not work? There are a number of actual solutions in that search...which have you tried that does not work?

What does "not shown anywhere" mean?  Where do you see it still appearing?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Regular Contributor I

Although on the surface they seem to be addressing the issue of "removing IAPs from Central" all the answers seem to result in Unassigning IAP not removing them. I haven't tried any because none of them seem to say how to remove IAPs only unassign them.

Guru Elite

"Central" is basically Aruba Activate and it is aware of all devices that are sold via mac address/serial number.  "Activating" an IAP basically makes a decision as to whether or not booting an AP up allows it to be controlled by Central or not.  It is not a separate system where your devices are entered into and need to be deleted from.

EDIT: Please register your request for improvement here:  https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: