Cloud Managed Networks

This community is currently in a read-only state due to a maintenance window. For more info click here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Central: stack licensing

Hi Would a switch stack consume a Central license per stack (as in Airwave) or per member?

ACMX, ACDX, ACCP, MASE
Highlighted

Re: Central: stack licensing

According to the Aruba Airwave Licensing 8.2.2 each single manage IP consume single not a hardware device

This is a new feature introduced in 8.2.2. I.e. the whole stack consumes only one license

Reference : https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Do-all-switch-stacks-count-as-a-single-device-for-Airwave/td-p/250049

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
Network Engineer -Enterprise System Solution @PlexusGlobal
ACMP | ACSP | ACCA | MCSA
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Hi RD-one,

Aruba Central licensing is different to AirWave; each switch in Aruba Central requires a subscription, even if it is a member of a stack.

*Posts on this forum by me are my own opinions and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
Highlighted

For 4 member stack do you need both of thse licenses?

Aruba Central Device Management Subscription

Aruba Central Services Management Subscription

or what is that Services license for?

Highlighted

For 4 member stack do you need both of these licenses?

4  Device management licenses

Service Subscription for Aruba Wireless not for switching,

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted

Does it include support or do we need to get separate support for these? Trying to do a comparison between Central and Airwave

Highlighted

Support includes in Licenses.

Dinusha Chandrasinghe

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: