Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Configure 2930F via console on Aruba central

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Configure 2930F via console on Aruba central

Posted Jan 16, 2020 03:09 AM

Hi,

I manage to subscribe first switch to Aruba Central.
    But I do have a problem though, I can't configure it via Console on Aruba central.
    What should I do to make it work?

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Configure 2930F via console on Aruba central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 02:01 AM
    When managed by Central, configuration is now done using Central (GUI or templates) rather than the CLI console.

What are you attempting to do via the console, exactly?

• 3.  RE: Configure 2930F via console on Aruba central

Posted Jan 17, 2020 02:32 AM

The truth is I can't configure anything through the CLI.
    Later I found a command that releases this limitation. 

"Aruba-central support-mode enable"
    After placing this command I was able to configure through CLI.
    The question is if it is OK to configure the switch through CLI, and what should I pay attention to when doing so, so it won't mess up the configurations and synchronization with Aruba Central.

• 4.  RE: Configure 2930F via console on Aruba central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 03:04 AM
    For the configuration to be synchronized between the switch and Central, the config needs to be done in Central either using the GUI or template config options.

The command you found allows for local CLI commands to be executed in order to restore connectivity to Central, but is not meant to be the primary configuration method.

If you are more comfortable with CLI configuration, the template option in Central is likely more familiar to you even if you don’t take advantage of variables today.

• 5.  RE: Configure 2930F via console on Aruba central

Posted Jan 17, 2020 07:23 AM

Hello,

I had the same problem: I wanted to configure AAA settings on a Central managed switch: no chance through central GUI.

In the end, I used the CLI and template groups, as already mentioned.

I like the support commond.

But there is one more option: you can disable the config sync in central, per device, set the auto commit state to OFFCentral_CONFIG Sync.PNG