Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Customer user role profile wants to change passwords regularly (Aruba Central)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Customer user role profile wants to change passwords regularly (Aruba Central)

Posted Jul 23, 2018 04:54 AM

Hi there,

I have set up a user role for a customer who can download reports etc. However, he now wants to be able to change Wi-Fi passwords  regularly, is there a way of him doing this without giving him admin access?

Kind Regards

Patrick

• 2.  RE: Customer user role profile wants to change passwords regularly (Aruba Central)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 05:00 AM

As in Wi-Fi passwords are you referring to the passwords used by Guests to authenticate via the Captive Portal. If so, you could create a new Role that permits access to Guest Management (Global Settings -> Users & Roles).

• 3.  RE: Customer user role profile wants to change passwords regularly (Aruba Central)

Posted Jul 23, 2018 05:20 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. I have set him up as a user role but I want to know which application permissions I give him so that he can change Wi-Fi Employee SSID whenever he wants, without being an admin user? I dont want him being able to modigy AP configurations for example?

Kind Regards

• 4.  RE: Customer user role profile wants to change passwords regularly (Aruba Central)
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 05:22 AM
    I don't believe it is possible to give someone permissions to change the
    PSK. You can give them permissions to change Network Management but this
    will include other options as well.