Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Dec 20, 2013 09:39 PM

We have some IAP's that are off line and will be be back for a while.  I'd like to remove them from the cloud controller, Aruba Central, so I do not have to see them as down.  I cannot find a way to remove them.  I've gone to Manager Devices and removed them from licensing but cannot find a way to remove them from my list of AP's.

Thanks

Robert

• 2.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Dec 21, 2013 02:44 AM

Hrm...good question!  I've only put mine up there and left them.

I will check with our product team and get back to you.

Rog

• 3.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Dec 21, 2013 03:35 AM

Robert - the current design does not allow users to 'delete' devices from their portal. Deletion of devices would also mean deletion of historical data and we wanted to safe guard against that.

You mentioned that your devices will come back online soon...is there a specific reason why you want to 'delete' them from your account? I would like to understand the use case to see if we can accomodate the need with current design or make necessary changes to it if needed.

- Srini

• 4.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Dec 21, 2013 02:36 PM

Well we initially got some IAP-225's that were going to be rolled out.  We had issues that Aruba is looking into so in the meantime they shipped us some 135's to deploy until the other issues with the 225's can be worked out.  So those AP's are in the way on the cloud view.  I see thoes we are not using as down which is pretty annoying to check status at a glance.  I should be able to put those into "maintenance mode" or move them to an offline profile or something so they aren't seen in my default views.  Make sense?

Robert

• 5.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Dec 23, 2013 03:52 PM

I've created a "maintenance" profile to dump the offline AP's into so I can avoid seeing them as down in the monitoring sectiion.  I'd still like to be either able to remove them or set them into something like mainenance mode so they do not effect the All Groups stats though.

Robert

• 6.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Dec 23, 2013 04:39 PM

Robert - that makes sense. We will come up with a plan to handle this better in the coming releases. Thanks for your feedback

• 7.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Feb 06, 2014 11:25 PM

I just encountered another situation when I'd like to be able to remove a AP from the clound.  We had a IAP-135 die and needed to be replaced.  I wish I could remove the of AP from the cloud completely.

• 8.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2014 11:53 PM

I have good news for you. This has been implemented and should be available in the next couple of weeks :)

we-listen.jpg

• 9.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Apr 18, 2014 11:49 AM

I realize that this thread is kind of old, but I'm in my portal right now and I still don't see the ability to delete an AP from it anywhere.  Has this been implemented and if so, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks!

Mike

UPDATE: Sorry about this, it does look like it's working, just that it looks like the AP needs to be powered off to remove it.  I should have relized that, sorry for the trouble!

• 10.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Apr 18, 2014 12:05 PM

I also never saw this feature materialize.  Was it delayed?  Abandoned?  Hidden?

• 11.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Log into Aruba Centeral -->Select he management group that the down AP is in -->Under monitoring select Access points -->Click on the down access point in the Access Point List.

In the upper right corner there should be a Delete AP button.

• 12.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Feb 08, 2016 01:52 PM

I have been test driving Central, but I want to remove my AP, which is still showing as up. I do not see any way to delete it from the previous steps. Is there another way to delete it?

Thanks,

Bob

• 13.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Sep 07, 2016 05:43 AM

I'v been searching but cannot find the delete option in the MSP view for Aruba Central. I'v exidently added the wrong serie numbers and mac-adresses.

• 14.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Jan 11, 2018 07:06 AM

Seems that the complete removal of a device is still not possible - would also need to remove an accidently added device.

Any new suggestions?

With kind regards

Manfred M.

• 15.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 02:59 AM

Hi any news about removing an AP from Central? If I select an AP there is no "action menu" in the top right corner of AP list.

Thanks

Luca

• 16.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 10:24 AM
      |   view attached

It is possible. Please check attached screenshot.

Go to Monitoring App > Network Overview > APs > List of down APs

Hover over the AP you want to delete and click the trash icon.

• 17.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Feb 05, 2018 04:08 AM

Hi! Thank you for the description - with APs this works also for me.

But when i want to remove a switch without a subscription I can't find the possibility to do this - it is not listed in the "List Of Down Switches".

I can only see the switch in the "Global Settings - Device Inventory" and in the Network device subscriptions "No Subscription" group but the trash can there is greyed out.

With kind regards

Manfred M.

• 18.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Feb 05, 2018 01:48 PM

There are two parts to adding a device in Central.

1. Add it in device inventory. This step is just a proof of device ownership. At this time device is not licensed. You can add a device in device inventory by serial & mac address, Activate, cloud key etc. Or Aruba will auto populate this for you based on devices sold to the customer name in purchase orders.

2. Assign device a license / subscription. After adding  a switch you can assign it a license or subscription and device starts getting managed by Central, and comes up in monitoring pane.

Now, if you want to remove the device from monitoring pane, unassign device the license, and remove it from monitoring, based on my previous message.

And finally if you want to remove it from the inventory, then you DO NOT have the trash can icon in inventory! Then how do you remove it?

At this point as it is not assigned a license by you, someone else can add it in their Central account.

This act of someone else adding it in their Central account inventory, will remove it from your Central account inventory.

• 19.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 07:50 AM
    Hi mannvishal,

Do you find a solution or workaround? I have the same problem, I can't remove my old IAPs which are no longer used from the inventory.

Regards,
    Julián

• 20.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 06:08 PM

As shared before, the only way to remove from inventory is if someone else adds them in a different Cenral account inventory.

• 21.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 11:47 PM

The inventory basically indicates the Access Point is yours. Nothing more and nothing less. So there should be no need to remove it at all unless it stops being yours and has to show up in someone else's account.

• 22.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 01:58 PM

Hi guys,

Yes, the IAPs are mine, but they are not going to be used anymore, they are offline forever. Because I am going to add many more devices to my inventory and assign subscriptions IDs to them, these old IAPs lead to confusion.

Regards,

Julián

• 23.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted Apr 02, 2018 03:46 PM

Hi guys,

In my case I open a ticket and the TAC team removed the devices I wanted from my inventory.

Regards,

Julián

• 24.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted May 04, 2018 01:44 AM

You  should go to Global Setting --> Make sure you UNCHECK the AUTO SUBSCRIBE, then Next you Click "Select Devices" below --> Uncheck the devices you need to unsubscribe out --> SAVE

• 25.  RE: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Posted May 04, 2018 02:27 AM

Sorry I miss some info: You  should go to Global Setting --> Subscription Assignment --> Under DEVICE SUBSCRIPTION, Make sure you UNCHECK the AUTO SUBSCRIBE, then Next you Click "SELECT DEVICES" --> Uncheck the devices you need to unsubscribe out --> SAVE

It works for me!