Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Cancel an Aruba Central Demo and return to Local VC

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  How to Cancel an Aruba Central Demo and return to Local VC

Posted Sep 12, 2018 11:01 AM

Hi all,

I currently have an Aruba Central Demo running. I wish to know how to cancel this demo and return the 4 x IAPs back into a (my) locally controlled VC.

This is a production Setup and I wish to know in advance all the steps   required to manually return control to a local VC.

The Four APs are subscribed  to Central & also subscribed to Clarity, are static ips, one network group  & demo expires 1/11/2018

I understand that Local Control should automatically be returned when the demo ends but I would like to know how to do this manually and I am unable to find a detailed instruction guide so far.

I believe it intails removing subscriptions/key management but I do not wish to end up in the situation of being unable to locally manage the IAP VC after the Demo Ends

Regards

• 2.  RE: How to Cancel an Aruba Central Demo and return to Local VC
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2018 06:07 AM

If you remove the subscriptions in Central from (all of) your APs, it will return to local management and even keep the firmware and configuration.

Make sure you can login locally, so you know the local admin password.

As soon as the VC cannot talk to Central anymore, it will revert to local configuration and allow you to make changes again. This should not take more than 10-20 minutes after removing the subscription.

• 3.  RE: How to Cancel an Aruba Central Demo and return to Local VC

Posted Sep 13, 2018 08:59 AM

Many thanks much appreciated

Regards