Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP on Central change Static ip to DHCP Assigned

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  IAP on Central change Static ip to DHCP Assigned

Posted Sep 18, 2018 11:41 PM

Hi, everyone:

I have some IAP's with static IP configured and registered on Central .When an outage occurs and IAP's startup again they gets an IP DHCP assigned.

This behavior started a month ago.

the firmware is 6.5.4.7_64552 and this issue is on different platforms (215, 315)

• 2.  RE: IAP on Central change Static ip to DHCP Assigned

Posted Sep 19, 2018 04:19 AM

Thats sounds like a nasty bug. The recommended IAP version is 8.3.0.1_65474, but latest version 6 is 6.5.4.8. Nothing in the release notes of a fix to that, but several other DHCP related issues was solved there. Might be worth doing an upgrade, but you should also contact Aruba TAC to get it looked at.

• 3.  RE: IAP on Central change Static ip to DHCP Assigned

Posted Sep 19, 2018 10:22 AM

Thanks for your answer, John:

Just to be clear, this behavior is not present on all AP's with the same fimware version registered to Central.

Do you recommend to apply an upgrade to the 8.3.0.1_65474, anyway?

I have a ticket since one month ago, escalled to L3, they already review the logs and watch this behavior in live, but they said that not seen nothing unusuall.

• 4.  RE: IAP on Central change Static ip to DHCP Assigned
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2018 10:26 AM
    I would not hesitate to upgrade to the latest 6 version, but for 8.3 you might want to consult Aruba TAC first. We have done it several places and it have worked well, but it is a major upgrade so...