Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

IAPs License/Subscription to Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  IAPs License/Subscription to Aruba Central

Posted Aug 09, 2018 07:33 AM

Hi there,

Just a quick question. I have 4 IAPs, so in order to get them onto Aruba Central do I need 4 licenses and 4 subscriptions? I am getting slightly confused regarding the licenses and subscriptions.
    Do IAPs automatically have license to go to Aruba Central and then you will just need subscription license?

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: IAPs License/Subscription to Aruba Central

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 08:04 AM

Device management subscriptions — Subscriptions for the devices. The device management subscription allows you to add and manage devices (APs and Switches), and avail basic services such as device configuration, monitoring dashboard, reports, and application analytics.

Cloud service subscriptions — Subscriptions that enable an advanced cloud service on any capable device. For example, access to application services such as Presence Analytics is based on the cloud service subscription. As of today, the cloud services portfolio includes Presence Analytics, Guest Access, Clarity, and Unified Communication services.

You would need to purchase the relevant subscriptions for the features you wish to use. Once the subscription has been tied to the Central account you can then link the subscription to the device in Central.

• 3.  RE: IAPs License/Subscription to Aruba Central

Posted Sep 23, 2018 10:39 PM

Please help,

I'm still not undersatand about sizing Aruba Central Services Subscriptions. Let's do this example. I've 10 Instant AP, and I want manage by Aruba central, Clarity services, Guest Wifi services and presence analytics services. So should i buy like this?

• Aruba Central Device Management Subscription @ 10 Unit
    • Aruba Central Services Subscriptions @ 10 Unit (for clarity services)
    • Aruba Central Services Subscriptions @ 10 Unit (for Guest wifi services)
    • Aruba Central Services Subscriptions @ 10 Unit (for presence analytics)

Total 10 unit Aruba Central Device Management Subscription + 30 unit Aruba Central Services Subscriptions.

Is that correct?

Or I just need 10 unit Aruba Central Device Management Subscription + 10 unit Aruba Central Services Subscriptions.

Thank you,

• 4.  RE: IAPs License/Subscription to Aruba Central

Posted Sep 27, 2018 05:38 AM

Hi,

you'll need 10 dev management subscriptions and 30 service subscriptions.

Regards, Jörg

• 5.  RE: IAPs License/Subscription to Aruba Central

Posted Jun 24, 2020 06:57 AM

I am still a little confused on the licensing. If all I want is Aruba Central to manage devices and I have 93 devices, I only need 93 DM tokens? I don't use the ClearPass Insight, Guest Networks. We only manage the network from Central.

Thanks!