Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Need some help with the Central API.

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Need some help with the Central API.

Posted Mar 16, 2018 10:14 AM

I am trying to teach myself to use the Central API and i am having trouble getting off the ground. I can't even figure out how to obtain an auth code form the API using my client_id.  I obviously missing something, and admitedly don't have any experience in this.  Every time i try to use the API it comes back saing "The access token is missing", but i'm trying to obtain an access token.  I can't possible need an access token to get an access token.  Does anyone have some resources to help het me on my feet with the API?

• 2.  RE: Need some help with the Central API.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2018 02:04 PM

1. I hope API GW is enabled for your account.

2. Learn the swagger tool by following the doc attached.

3. Now you can authenticate using an external app as well using the attached script.

4. You have to refresh the token, every two hours. script attached.

5. Attaching a sample python script that helps to list create delete groups in central using API calls.

Remember you are on a production account & not internal.

Also consult this:

http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/latest/documentation/online_help/content/pdfs/central/aruba%20central%20api%20reference%20guide.pdf

Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: Need some help with the Central API.

Posted Mar 19, 2018 10:02 AM

Mannvishal,

Thank you, I was able to find the errors in my code.  Your sample scripts where hugely helpful.

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Need some help with the Central API.

Posted Aug 14, 2019 11:32 AM

Issue seems to be resolved, please disregard. 

• 5.  RE: Need some help with the Central API.

Posted Aug 14, 2019 05:30 PM
      |   view attached

Leaving this here in case someone likes Ansible over working with Python. I basically converted the included python script from previous responder into ansible speak. Lots of uri module. Anywho, if I had some skills i would make this an ansible module! Update file extension to .yaml

Attachment(s)

txt
    auth.txt   2 KB 1 version