Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Registering Cloud Guest to a cluster of APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Registering Cloud Guest to a cluster of APs

Posted Mar 06, 2018 03:39 PM

We've recently configured a cluster of IAP-315s and it is working well, with RADIUS authentication and everything. But we want to have more granular control to our splash page portal and to create guest accounts that expires in a day or a few hours.

I can't find those options in my Aruba Central and the way I understand it is I need to apply a Cloud Guest subscription to my devices. Right now I subscribe all of my IAPs to Clarity and still have a few keys left.

My question is, do I only need to subscribe one of them to Cloud Guest or do I need to unsubscribe them all from Clarity and then subscribe them all to Cloud Guest?

• 2.  RE: Registering Cloud Guest to a cluster of APs
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 03:48 PM

You are correct that you need to assign a guest service license to your APs before the guest options will appear.

Best practise is to assign the guest subscription to all APs in a cluster. Otherwise you might end up in trouble if the user roams to an AP without the subscription.

• 3.  RE: Registering Cloud Guest to a cluster of APs

Posted Mar 06, 2018 08:09 PM

Understood. Big thanks Dennis.