Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

SNMP on Switches in Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  SNMP on Switches in Aruba Central

Posted Aug 13, 2019 05:27 AM

Hi,

How can you configure SNMP parameters for switches in Aruba Central? I can only find it for AP's.

I'm trying to import my switches in IMC and only when I disable Central management on the switch ("no aruba-central enable"), IMC can read all the information. When I keep Aruba Central enabled, I get a generic device with no extra information (no model, no firmware, no sysname, ...)

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SNMP on Switches in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 20, 2019 07:12 PM

you can set it along other CLI commands if the switch is managed by templates. when you create a Group in Aruba Central you can make that group a template based group

• 3.  RE: SNMP on Switches in Aruba Central

Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:08 AM

I tried with a template group, the SNMP settings are pushed but I still get errors in IMC.

When I turn off switch management via Aruba Central, the error is gone.

I have a call for this case in 30 minutes, so I will post an update once we have the solution :)

• 4.  RE: SNMP on Switches in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 05:04 PM

from my point of view, the issue is that iMC is doing a lot of things via ssh. But if the Switch is connected to Central most cli commands are not available without enabling support mode