Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Switches show Not in sync

This thread has been viewed 77 times
  • 1.  Switches show Not in sync

Posted Aug 12, 2019 12:40 PM

Hi

After the latest upgrade of Aruba Central all our switches is now showing "not in sync"

It seems that after the upgrade and the introduction of STP config and port rate limit there is a missmatch between central and the switches. This is strange since we haven't set any STP og port rate limit in either the switch or Central.

• 2.  RE: Switches show Not in sync

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2019 03:28 AM

Hi,

I didn't use GUI config so much myself since I most of the times use templates. But if there is something not in sync a great place for me to see what is going on is Audit Trail under Maintenance menu or configuration audit in the wired management section. 

• 3.  RE: Switches show Not in sync

Posted Aug 13, 2019 09:36 AM

Hi!

I have the same problem. Opened a TAC case, because since the last update on Aug 02, my switches show up as not in sync and since then I cannot push down any config.

Thought about reprovisioning the switch. Download running config through cli, then unassign subscription and delete switch from monitoring. Then add the subscription and import config to new group. If you are thinking about doing this DO NOT DO IT! "Import config" button is grayed out since the last update. TAC assured me, that development team is working on getting this feature back. Until then I will not delete switch from central, since I have a few config parameters that have to be imported through the cli running config (like MSTP config).

Its an ongoing TAC case. If I get update then I will share it with you.

Br.:

Daniel

• 4.  RE: Switches show Not in sync

Posted Aug 15, 2019 01:53 PM

In Configuration Audit it seems that there are missmatch between the STP config and Port limit config between Central and my switches. 

But the problem is that I haven't done any changes on either port limit or stp on either the switch or in central.

• 5.  RE: Switches show Not in sync

Posted Aug 20, 2019 03:17 AM

I have created a TAC case and they have sent it to the developers.

• 6.  RE: Switches show Not in sync

Posted Aug 24, 2020 06:52 AM

same here, i also used the "remove" function in central config audit, but same rate limit and stp settings show up after as mismatch

• 7.  RE: Switches show Not in sync

Posted Sep 16, 2020 12:19 PM

Hi,

Same problem here. Any news?

• 8.  RE: Switches show Not in sync

Posted Sep 17, 2020 09:23 PM

also of note, while they are not in config sync, it would appear they do not send statistics to central either.