Cloud Managed Networks

New Contributor

Where can I edit the AP for change the IP and reboot?

Hello, I dont find where change the IP to AP and after reboot. The APs have subscription and in the Aruba portal I dont see the option, could you help me please?

Aruba Employee

Re: Where can I edit the AP for change the IP and reboot?

It is recommended that APs obtain their IP address dynamically. Are you wanting to change the IP to a static IP?

@afernandez

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Contributor II

Hello!

You can go to wireless management, then Access points, then click on the little pencil next to the AP you want to set. Then click Static for IP Address For Access Point.

Hope this helps. But I would leave the APs on DHCP and set a static IP only for the VC.

Daniel

Contributor II

I also forgot. After applying the IP address, it might prompt you to reboot the AP.

If it does, don't do what I did when I was doing my first install (namely turning off the PoE on the switchport that was connected to said AP, and then reenabling it. Because the AP gut stuck with an incomplete config and I had to reset it physically.) but go to Monitoring & Reports then drop down menu in APs, select the appropriate group (your AP would be in the List of Online APs) select AP you want to reboot, then Actions and Reboot AP. If you do it this way, you are certain that central finishes pushing the config to the AP before rebooting it.

Daniel

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: