Community Feedback

Occasional Contributor I

2 SSID instead of 1

Hi, we're setting up a new wifi network with Aruba Instant on AP-515 version 8.4.0.0.

We set a wireless profile with ssid Skyline Park but when I check on my laptop or phone it shows 2 ssids Skyline Park and Rkyline Park. Where does that second one come from? Ideal woul dbe that it also says Skyline Park and only 1 ssid is shown. Is this possible? There's not much to be found in the manual.

MVP Guru

Re: 2 SSID instead of 1

Can you provide the output of "show ap bss-table" as this will confirm if being broadcast from your AP. 

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've added the output as attachment.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Please make sure you are not removing any of the default rates in the SSID profile.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Hi, I made a second wireless profile and that has only 1 SSID so I compared the settings from my Skyline Park SSID and they are all the same except the security. So I still have the anoying Rkyline Park wireless. Must be something else I guess?

MVP Guru

Looking at your output you are broadcasting 2 SSID's, one of these is hidden and it is an OWE Transition Mode SSID (look at the OW flags in your screenshot). Is the device incorrectly reporting the OWE SSID?

You can disable the OWE Transition Mode (opmode-transition-disable) using the CLI within the SSID Profile/

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Occasional Contributor I

Hi, I just found out it was indeed because of OWE :)

I will disable it in the CLI

MVP Guru

Excellent, we figured it out :)

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: