Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP 207 - Guest Account Creation (HELP)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP 207 - Guest Account Creation (HELP)

Posted Feb 20, 2019 11:57 AM

Hello Guys,

I'm new to this aruba products, I've learned new to configure AP but, I want to create another SSID for GUEST, I've been through that, I'm stuck with authentication page, I want to have user page login (SPLASH PAGE) when a guest connect to GUEST SSID & I don't have any EXTERNAL SERVERS.

I'm not able to connect can someone help me with creation of GUEST SSID and configuration. I don't want to have just simple encryption. I want guests to access through SPLASH PAGE once they connect. 

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP 207 - Guest Account Creation (HELP)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 20, 2019 12:19 PM

Hey, these should guide you through what you need to know :) You can use the built-in Captive Portal and built-in Internal Server (db)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvK68t4dTGs

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_40_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/Authentication/Internal%20Captive%20Portal.htm

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP 207 - Guest Account Creation (HELP)

Posted Feb 21, 2019 05:01 AM

Hi,

I've seen thiis youtube video, there is something named as  "Captive portal proxy server"  in my device & what should be mentioned in Captive Portal URL (Optional) ? when I select Internal- Authenticated/Acknowledge, but this two options are not show in video, i guess this "Captive portal proxy server" is in Newer verison of Aurba OS, what to do with that ? 

FYI, I don't have any External Server or local server.

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP 207 - Guest Account Creation (HELP)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 05:43 AM
    Lets ask the first question, where do you want to host the Captive Portal?
    On the IAP or on an external server?

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP 207 - Guest Account Creation (HELP)

Posted Feb 24, 2019 11:51 PM

Hi,
    I want to host captive portal on IAP, no external server is available.

Second question: 
    I've configured the Employee SSID on 20 APs manually with static IPs and everything is working fine and its running on 172.20.x.x/16 network, customer  wanted to have guest on another network (192.168.120.x/24), I've configured it but, yet i don't know how it's gonna work because for splash page I've selected NONE, I have not tested it yet and how do I route my 192.168.120/24 network to my primary network for internet as their gateway is on 172.20./16. ?? 

Employee SSID (primary network) is on VLAN1 and Guest is on VLAN2 with DHCP enabled. 
    Please help.

Thanks mate appreciate your replies.