Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Arubaos-CX Core: VSX or not

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Arubaos-CX Core: VSX or not

Posted Oct 03, 2019 09:34 AM

Our client has a design 8400 X 2 at core and plenty 832X at distribution layer. We will be using VSX at distribution layer but what i am not 100% sure is whether to go for VSX at core or not.

VSX Guide wasn't very clear what would be the best practises.

Can anyone guide please?

• 2.  RE: Arubaos-CX Core: VSX or not
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 07:45 PM

Greetings!

Very short answer: considering your customer is going to install two Aruba 8400X at the Core of its network...the natural step would be for sure to deploy them using VSX (just think about a VSX feature like "Active-active layer 3 default gateway"...not to speak about VSX LAGs and all the new features available on ArubaOS-CX 10.03, not counting what probably will land with 10.04 during 2020).

Maybe if ArubaOS-CX Virtual Switching eXtension (VSX) Guide for 10.03 wasn't clear enough a latest VSX Deep Dive presentation would blow most of your doubts away defintely (the latest I'm aware of was made for AOS-CX 10.02 but ArubaOS-CX 10.03 presentation provides updates regarding new VSX related features too).

Edit: if I'm not mistaken it looks like that ArubaOS-CX Virtual Switching eXtension (VSX) Guide for 10.02 highlighted in a slightly different way the benefits of deploying VSX at core level (for Layer 3) compared to menu of VSX Guide for 10.03.