Community Feedback

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Connecting 2 different vendor switches

Hello all ,

We have current setup of extreme access switches connected to Extreme Core Switch and we are planning to replace the current setup of extreme access switches only to Aruba access switches .

I would like to know will there be any communication or configuration issue between extreme core and aruba access switches.

Kindly assist

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Connecting 2 different vendor switches

In general, mixing different brand equipment should work. Things you may run into are SFP/Optics where many brands prefer and support only their own or a list of supported modules. Also, some vendors use proprietary protocols for example for redundancy or VLAN distribution. If you don't use those protocols or stick to the standards-based protocols supported on both sides you should be fine. I've not run into issues connecting access switches to other brand core.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Connecting 2 different vendor switches

In general, mixing different brand equipment should work. Things you may run into are SFP/Optics where many brands prefer and support only their own or a list of supported modules. Also, some vendors use proprietary protocols for example for redundancy or VLAN distribution. If you don't use those protocols or stick to the standards-based protocols supported on both sides you should be fine. I've not run into issues connecting access switches to other brand core.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: